Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across one of the late production full blue New Frontier .22 revolvers in a shop yesterday. Appeared in excellent condition and was priced reasonably. Thought about buying it, but wound up passing since it wasn’t something I was specifically looking for. Got to wondering if these have any particular collector interest since I believe only a small number were made with this finish. Anyone know their status and desirability?

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
The late production all blue New Frontier .22s (with cross-bolt safety) are somewhat scarce, but generally only desirable to dedicated collector's of single action Colt .22 revolvers. The reason is that the all blue finish usually comes hand in hand with lower quality. They were made from 1982 to 1986 and that was a time when Colt was having difficulties in several areas. I have owned many of the late NF22's and most had quality problems like marred screws, poorly fitted grips, round finish and/or mis-aligned barrels. If the gun does not have obvious problems and is new in the box, it might be worth buying if the price is right.
- Bruce in Ohio

·
Premium Member
7,458 Posts
I’ve got one... but exactly as Bruce said.. only us really avid collectors would desire the particular GS model, and generally want it looking as new with the original box simply for the collector example.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts