Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The rules and information for our next image contest follows below. First I wanted to take a moment to thank those folks that have graciously donated prizes. A few of us have donated more than once. Now we need someone to step up and donate a prize for this contest. It doesn't have to be big or expensive, after all it's all about the images and the friendly competition. If you have something to donate please pm me or email me at [email protected].

Our next image contest, like our last, is as user friendly as we can possibly make it. Everyone is encouraged to enter including the previous winners, keystonearms, MrRush, twaits, thecoltguy, Chaffee, Colt-SL and RBscrim. However, while we hope everyone will vote for as many images as they wish, PAST WINNERS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE CONTEST! The winner of this contest will join the winner's group and will likewise not be eligible to win the upcoming future contests. This will continue until we have twelve past winners who will then compete amongst themselves in a "Best of the Best" shoot-out!

The only requirement is that your image must feature a Colt firearm.... any pony will do! You may include other firearms or manufactures but there must be at least one Colt. You may use any background, staging or accessories or none at all... it's entirely up to you. The contest will start Friday December 12 at 8:00 PM. This gives everyone five days to work on their image before the start of the contest. Please DO NOT submit an entry until the contest begins. Entries will be accepted until Friday, December 12 at 8:00 PM. but the voting will continue until Monday, December 19 at 8:00 PM at which time the winner will be announced.

As always all images must be original and taken by the entrant. The images will be voted on by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom right of each image. The images should be judged on content, creativity, set up and technical skill. The rarity or collectability of the guns should not be considered when voting. Please do not comment in this thread during the contest.

Our goal is to grow this contest in quality, contestants, participation and prizes! To date we have had seven successful contests with seven individual winners, keystonearms, MrRush, twaits, thecoltguy, Chaffee, Colt-SL and RBscrim. You can get ideas and see all the entrants from past contest on our "Sticky" thread in the Photos Area Forum entitled Official Colt Forum Image Contest compilation thread !

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I believe in the OP Rick stated the pic had to include at least one Colt firearm, that was the only standard.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I really liked the "theme " contest better ........, kind of like so many members say " if you don't have a theme - it's not a collection " of COLTS. Otherwise , what's the difference from the " PHOTOS AREA" ? Also , why other gun manufacturers products - this is THE COLT FORUM , not the FIREARM FORUM . I really enjoy this thread , and wish it were the old format . Good Day , and thanks again Rick - for your time and coordination .

Attachments

·
The Consummate Collector
6,432 Posts
Reaching out to the Forum members.

These Photo Contest are enjoyed by many and are always fun. Rick has done an outstanding job and could now use a little help from the members in the form of prizes. Various members have stepped up in the past and donated prizes for the contest and to those we extend our thanks. We would like to reach out to other members that might have something that they no longer use or want that would make a nice gift. Please take a look around and see if there is something that you could donate for this and/or a future contest. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really liked the "theme " contest better ........, kind of like so many members say " if you don't have a theme - it's not a collection " of COLTS. Otherwise , what's the difference from the " PHOTOS AREA" ? Also , why other gun manufacturers products - this is THE COLT FORUM , not the FIREARM FORUM . I really enjoy this thread , and wish it were the old format . Good Day , and thanks again Rick - for your time and coordination .
I'll try to address your questions. We had a thread about the image contest in an effort to increase participation. I like the themes better as well, that's why I came up with them, but to get more folks to enter their image the consensus was the easier the better. Once our members become comfortable with entering their image we will return to themed contest. The difference between the contest and the photo area is that this is a contest. It's voted on by the members and there is a small prize for the winner. As for other firearms in your image, this is the Lounge where other guns are permitted to be displayed. If you want to show only Colt firearms then by all means please feel free. Frankly I don't know anyone that has only one brand of firearm in their stable. There are just too many iconic firearms available to the collector.
Of course one must have a Colt in the image according to the rules but I enjoy the juxtaposition of two different firearms in an image. I hope this explains our thinking but of course you're opinion is valuable.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We all owe a big thank you to supporting member Marc Mitchell of Keystone Arms. As a previous winner has stepped up to offer this amazing prize package for our image contest.

The image contest will start tomorrow, Friday December 12 at 8:00.
I will start a new thread for the contest here in the Lounge.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will jump in. I won't have a picture of my 4 OMT's until this weekend but I will post the one of my OMT .22 LR Boston Police marked for now.

The badges show the progression of Boston Police badges, 1870 1900 1925 1950 2012 (ranges they were used are greater for example the clamshell was used from about 1920 to 1959)

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welp Ben, As little Joe would say "you're putting the cart(wright) before the horse". As I posted above The image contest will start tomorrow, Friday December 12 at 8:00 PM.
I will start a new thread for the contest here in the Lounge.

I will jump in. I won't have a picture of my 4 OMT's until this weekend but I will post the one of my OMT .22 LR Boston Police marked for now.

The badges show the progression of Boston Police badges, 1870 1900 1925 1950 2012 (ranges they were used are greater for example the clamshell was used from about 1920 to 1959)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts