1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Text Electronics Vehicle
Wood
Auto part Fashion accessory Metal

I am negotiating with someone about buying their "never fired" 4' nickel python. But something just doesnt feel right. They have agreed to meet face to face so I will get to inspect it before I pay but I am not 100% sure what to look for. I have asked that they supply the serial # (I asked this before I recieved these pics)so I can contact colt and get the born on date and who and where it was shipped originally. I am posting the pics that he emailed me, please review them and see if something looks off to the experts here on the Colt forum. Also, can someone help me determine a ball park date of mfr for this python the serial # is V91903?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
UPDATE - The seller just contacted me and said he could meet me this week one day. He said that meeting thursday would be best for him but if we waited that long he would need a deposit to hold it. This is now screaming scam to me. He is the one that chose Thursday, not me. I replied to his email and said..."to avoid the deposit issue I can take off work tomorrow and meet you, just name the place". I havent heard back from him yet but I can almost promise you he will reply that he is not able to meet until thursday but he still needs a deposit to hold it. I will not pay a deposit for any gun. Of all the firearms transactions I have been a part of not one person has ever asked for a deposit. Have any of you heard of something like this?

·
Premium Member
21,842 Posts
BigDawg4: Asking for a deposit is not unreasonable if you had asked for the meeting to be delayed. Since he asked for the delay, it sounds less reasonable.
In a lot of these deals a person is asking someone to meet them to buy a gun. The seller expects a person to show up with cash-in-hand. What a perfect set-up for a robbery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
895 Posts
Am I missing something here?!

Why has everyone labeled this seller a 'scam artist'? I just looked at his feedback and it is 100%, with LOTS of recognizable, stand-up Colt buyers who have left wonderful feedback for him.

Asking for a deposit to hold a gun does NOT mean that he is a BAD GUY. It looks as though he accepts ALL major credit cards and your Credit Card companies will cover you from being scammed anyway.

I seriously think everyone may be jumping the gun on this guy. PLEASE make sure you are 100% correct before 'branding' or 'labeling' this seller a THIEF!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
As a matter of fact a certain noted seller of Pythons advertises on Armslist wanting to buy all snake guns.He sells a lot on GA,some of the items are questionable.D*

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
FTF FTF FTF I know I know, no deposit means no lost money I just cant do the ship to my ffl thing I just have to touch what I am buying, with the exception of keystone and some others on here I just wouldnt take the chance, I will miss out on some deals but I wont get scammed

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.