Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we like to keep things gun related, but please allow me to share this moment with you all. I'm retired! Made it!
Looking forward to getting to the range with the Colts much more often. More reloading.Three hours a day I get back not commuting. I feel so fortunate.

Sneaking in a chat with you all while at work got me through the last month so I had to share the news.

OK. Back to the Colts. I'll be good dear moderator!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Congratulations, you worked hard for this day and the many more to come.
15 years for me, can't believe they have gone by so fast. Got out of the rut when I was 58, can't say I've ever missed doing what I did for 31 years.
My goal is to collect my pension for every year I worked, half way there.
Enjoy your new found freedom, it's like being a teenager again where every day is Saturday with money in your pocket.
My range time is spent on the Trap Field, but every now and then, my SAA's get a day out too.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Since I retired I have been given the time to answer the really pressing questions us men face.

The question was "which is greater sin, ignorance or apathy?"

The answer for a retired gentleman is " I don't know and I don't care".

:cool:

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Congratulations on your retirement!!!!!

I will be 69 in about 3 weeks and still working. I love the Company I work for and the work I do. It is very aggrevating many times, but I just enjoy working. I received my 30 year Pin with Fluor Corp. 2 weeks ago, during the small ceremony, I told the folks there that I wanted them to attend my 40 year pin with me. I just hope I can live that much longer, LOL!

I have to be doing something all the time, but after about 3 days I begin to get bored. I have traveled and been on every Continent in the world except Antartica. I have seen things that most folks can only dream about seeing. I have had times when I was treated like a King; just tell someone to do or get what I needed and it happend. I have lived in the best hotels in the world. I have lived an apartments or a house with servents waiting on me. Those were great times. But now, I like to stay home, visit my friends, go shooting, work on firearms, and continue to work near my home! Life never has been dull to me!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts