Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of weeks ago, a friend and I visited a few gun shops about 40 minutes from home. In one of them, I spotted a box of remington 158 grain lrn for $50. I couldn't believe it. Today, I saw at Walmart a box of 50 remington 125 grain jhp for what I want to say around $18. Earlier, this year, I bought a box of 50 40 s&w for over $35. At Academy, I saw later, the same box for a little over $20. Quite a difference in ammo prices.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Lets face it; The Carpet Baggers didn't end with the Reconstruction. Ammo prices in these parts are like gasoline prices at the pump. Shop wisely and always buy more than you need.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lets face it; The Carpet Baggers didn't end with the Reconstruction. Ammo prices in these parts are like gasoline prices at the pump. Shop wisely and always buy more than you need.
Or reload. Then all you have to shop around for are primers and powder. The only ammo I've bought in years are .22 or shotgun shells. Oh yeah, and some commie stuff for my handful of commie weapons that I almost never shoot.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I will second that Kid....

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+3 on the reloading. I haven't bought any factory ammo in years. I was wiped out last April a year ago by a tornado. I saved 3 Dillon 550s and my 2 single stage presses and few other pieces of equipment that was bolted down. But lost over 20 sets of rifle dies. thousands of bullets and lead bars, over 20,000 primers, etc. to looters. I had a super reloading shop with all the toys with cable tv and a recliner.

I hope to get set back up before long, but on a lot smaller scale. Maybe just concentrate on 45 colt, 45acp, 38 special along with 22 hornet, 221 fireball, and 257 roy. Anything else, I'll buy.

But I'm in my new home now with a storm shelter. Just need to get busy and get a storage building and go thru things.

Joe A.

·
Registered
478 Posts
+3 on the reloading. I haven't bought any factory ammo in years. I was wiped out last April a year ago by a tornado. I saved 3 Dillon 550s and my 2 single stage presses and few other pieces of equipment that was bolted down. But lost over 20 sets of rifle dies. thousands of bullets and lead bars, over 20,000 primers, etc. to looters. I had a super reloading shop with all the toys with cable tv and a recliner.

Joe A.
Wow Joe, that's tough. I can't imagine how low a person would have to be to loot someone that has been wiped out by a disaster like that. It sounds like you had quite an operation before the tornado. Glad you're back up and running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts