Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone;

A few days ago (last week) I saw a nice leather vest here that belonged to a member and I liked it so much I thought I'd treat myself. Well, it turns out my wife says she's going to buy it for me for Christmas. Now isn't that great?

Anyway, I have a small issue that I was wondering if anyone would know why I have this issue.

I purchased the vest online, cost was $214.95 + $24.95 Shipping to Canada. That's a total of $239.90

My credit card statement for this month show an NRA charge of $296.65 That's a tip of $56.75

Would anyone have any idea what the difference may be? I thought it was a bit odd but perhaps there's a logical explanation for it.

I sent a note off with my order number asking them why but I thought you guys might just have an answer.

Thanks either way.

Bud

Here it is, nice huh?

Clothing Outerwear Vest Brown Leather

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Give them a ring-a-ding Bud. The only thing I could think of was currency difference but I'm not up on Canadian vs US rates. The toll free number is 1-888-607-6007 but I'm not sure, again, if that includes Canada. Is there a duty tax or other tax? See, I gave more questions then answers. Wear it in good health my friend, I'm sure they'll make it right if indeed was an error.

Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Either the rates, or someone is looking for a Christmas bonus a bit early!!
BTW: that is a really nice looking vest.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
$239 U.S. is $248 and cents Canadian. I would call the credit card company first to let them know what happened.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Some credit card companies charge a significant fee for processing the currency conversion. That could be what boosted the final charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a Foreign Transaction Fee that your Credit Card Company hits us with. I think AMEX is the only company that waives the fee

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Nice vest Bud. It can't be just the exchange rate difference. I'm not sure but it may be a customs charge. I was charged $56.00 by U.S. Customs when I received a Perazzi gun case from Italy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts