Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made this heavy double thick holster over 27 years ago. I sold the belt years ago and never knew what to do with the holster. If I made a new belt now I'd have to intentionally tool it in the slightly cruder style back then to match. Others might not notice it but I do. Then I remembered this belt I made for my dad in the same period. So I died and lined it. Now I'm back in business. This rig was specifically meant to emulate the Anderson holsters worn by Steve McQueen, Henry Fonda, and Monolito Montoya with the long barrel poking out the bottom. Even though it's not metal lined, a long barreled gun with front sight comes out very fast. I put this together to sell, but might keep it now. The belt can be reversed for a lefty but the flowers will be upside down. It's actually a very practical lefty cross draw rig.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wyatt I always like your work, good job. My dad was a carpenter and when somebody complimented his handiwork he would say" but I know where the mistakes are!" Craftsmen always strive for perfection, we consumers enjoy the pursuit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thats an ebony beauty, WB.

Thats a different flower pattern than im accustomed to seeing, and i really like the shiny raised pattern on the flat background.

Makes the ebony really pop!. And the SPADE shaped attachments are a brilliant, subtle touch for the color.

Very nice.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats an ebony beauty, WB.

Thats a different flower pattern than im accustomed to seeing, and i really like the shiny raised pattern on the flat background.

Makes the ebony really pop!. And the SPADE shaped attachments are a brilliant, subtle touch for the color.

Very nice.
Thanks, guys. Serb, you mentioned the spade billets. I was going to replace those because the tooling pattern was completely different and I felt out of place. But in black (that belt WAS brown) it works OK. I just used spade billets for this dog collar I made for a very large dog.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well WB, whether by design or accident, the spades work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts