Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted this in another OP’s Anaconda thread without any response, so instead of hijacking his thread I wanted to start my own.
I have noticed some Anacondas were rollmaked -Double Action Revolver- on the right side of the barrel and some (to a lesser degree) were marked
- .44 MAGNUM CARTRIDGE- with Colts address directly below that line.
In the case of my 1992 8 inch Anaconda. The left side of my barrel is marked COLT ANACONDA with -.44 MAGNUM- directly underneath that line, and the right side it has the two line roll mark with 44 Magnum Cartridge, and Colts address. Was there any reason that they used both types of roll marks? I seem to see the double action revolver roll markings a lot more than the type I described. In the the case of my example where the cartridge is marked on both sides, I was wondering if it adds any more value since it seems to be less common? Thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post some pics tonight. I definitely feel that fewer were made with the roll marks that mine has on the right side.
I am hoping someone has more info on this.
thanks

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I've never noticed any with .44 Magnum on the right side. I've always noticed "double action revolver". Maybe someone will chime in that has one roll marked ".44 magnum cartridge" on the right and a date of mfg. to narrow down the year.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Both my Anacondas (4" and 6") have .44 Magnum under the name on the left side of the barrel and "Double Action Revolver" on the right side over the address. Both are early 1990s production.

Reactions: SnakeGunner

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pics added.

Right side 20170628_134616-1024x576.jpg 20170628_134627-1024x576.jpg
Left side 20170628_134529-1024x576.jpg 20170628_134542-1024x576.jpg
This Anaconda was made in 1992
I've only seen one other one that had the same roll mark on the right side of the barrel.
I sure they made more like that, but I'm thinking it has to be somewhat unique.

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
Mine is a first year production and is marked
double action revolver on the right roll mark.

Reactions: SnakeGunner

·
Registered
194 Posts
The First Edition Anacondas have the ".44 Magnum Cartridge" rollmarked on the right side. I'm not sure of any others...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had a roll die that Colt used for the stamping on the right side of the Anaconda. I got it because I thought mine said 44 magnum cartridge on the right side but it does not. I sold it not knowing what gun it was used for. Now I know. I believe a fellow forum member has the roll die that was used to create that mark. This is the first one I have seen marked that way.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Starting to think this might be somewhat unusual..Maybe Brent might see this and shed some light on how rare or not rare this roll mark might be. No matter what I'm holding onto this one. I made the mistake of selling one of these Anacondas before.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last try for info before this get knocked off the first page.

·
Registered
470 Posts
point of information ....i have double digit anacondas...all have the non 44 marked double line roll mark .......my Kodiak has a single line roll mark (no 44 mag marking)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
point of information ....i have double digit anacondas...all have the non 44 marked double line roll mark .......my Kodiak has a single line roll mark (no 44 mag marking)
Thanks for the info. This is really strange that I have only seen one other one with the same roll mark. I am starting to wonder if there was a mistake when they were roll marking my barrel that was caught pretty quick. If anyone else has ever seen this type please let me know. I may reach out to Marc at Keystone as I know he has probably seen more of these than most others here have.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK.. I finally remember where I saw that same roll mark before. Its was in a picture of a beautifully polished 6in Anaconda posted by PatriotGunPolishing. So there are at least 2 with that same roll mark on the right side of the barrel.

962D3C39-551C-4A6E-A15D-11A0B90F1FB4.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts