Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,805 Posts
Rarer than 6", yes, VERY rare, no, especially since Colt still sells the 4" model.

Colt certainly sells more 6" Anaconda's, and I'd bet the actual sales of 4" gun is probably relatively low.

Most people buying very large .44 Mag revolvers, buy 6" or longer barrels.

Production isn't low enough to make them collectible, and since Colt still makes the 4" model, I don't think they will bring a premium.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Now if you had the 4" Anaconda in .45 Colt,it would be rare!! At least this is the feeling of Brian Pearce in a brief article on the overly large .458 cylinder throats in an article in the latest issue of "Handloader". Brian had a new .44 mag. cylinder correctly chambered for .452 bullets & the groups shrank by HALF. Always thought this was a problem only to the early S&W 25-5s!!?? I tried to but an Anaconda in the 4" .45 Colt configuration when they came out,but my "inner self",or whatever the "new age" freaks call it wouldnt let me! Being a "New Service Nut",as a late dealer pal used to call me,the fact that it was NOT blued,or with the "leaf spring action" stopped me,even though my brain knew that it was a stronger gun,and the couple I handled(in .44 mag) felt great.Probably worth a grand at least now,and could handle most ANY .45 Colt handload;but then again I dont load the old cartridge much over 900 fps with 250 grainers. Bud

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The 5 inch barrel Anaconda, in 44 mag, is the really rare one. I made the mistake of passing on one, thinking they were regular production, and by the time I realized they were not cataloged, and only a few hundred special made, it was too late, and I haven't seen one since. This was shortly after the Anaconda was introduced, and I thought 450.00 was too high, at the time, and that I could do better....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess that's like seeing a 3" Python and letting that one slide by, huh?

But lonewolf be correct in stating that 4" .45 Colt in Anaconda be rare breed! I keep haunting GA and the likes to see if I can snag some unsuspecting person unaware of what they have . . . Does this make me a bad person??? Oh, well!

[This message has been edited by Seartripper (edited 05-18-2004).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts