Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anaconda 4\"

Thinking about getting an Anaconda 4". Would appreciate your thoughts as to pros and cons of <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> this gun. Any inherent or historical problems? Notice none seem to come with wood stocks, if not what wood stocks fit? Do they hold their value? All i come across are SS any made in blue? Last but not least price range for NIB

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Re: Anaconda 4\"

All Anacondas have gotten rather pricey. They are strong revolvers with very few reported problems. The .44s are reported to be very accurate. The .45s suffer from Colt's throats, but use the correct size bullets and they also are accurate. If you are looking for a 4" .45 model then good luck as they can be as rare as hen's teeth and are the most expensive model. They all came from the factory wearing Goodyears, but there are factory wood stocks for them. They have the same size grip frame as the KC so stocks fit them both. They were only made in stainless steel. Most are matte, but some have the Ultimate polish. NIB specimens will probably be $1000+.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anaconda 4\"

Thinking about getting an Anaconda 4". Would appreciate your thoughts as to pros and cons of <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> this gun. Any inherent or historical problems? Notice none seem to come with wood stocks, if not what wood stocks fit? Do they hold their value? All i come across are SS any made in blue? Last but not least price range for NIB
I just sent a note to colt regarding the possible offering of the new Anaconda in 4 in. Will post any useful info

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well this is a 15 year old thread. The 4in. Anaconda is definitely in the going forward plan. Personally think the 8in is a waste of resources and the 4in should be released before a 8in. Sales numbers will tell the tale in the future. ;)
This is good to hear. With the notable exception of changing the trigger guard design on the small frame revolvers and introducing a King Cobra Target instead of a new Diamondback, this has been the most puzzling marketing decision since Colt has gotten back into the double action revolver market.
Considering the heft of the new Anaconda (also longer than the original according to specs) the .454 would be a good chambering as well. With metallurgy as good as it is now, I also see no reason why Colt cannot introduce a New Service sized frame that can be chambered in .44 Magnum and .45 Colt in the future. This would appeal more to folks that want a packable big bore and could capture a chunk of S&W's N frame market. I hope the Colt brand flourishes under its new ownership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.