Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I hope that doesn’t happen. It seems like collector interest in older 44 mags has diminished since the new ones hit the market. Just my observation, may not be correct.

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
I hope values for Anaconda .45s go up!

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Well, I hope that doesn’t happen. It seems like collector interest in older 44 mags has diminished since the new ones hit the market. Just my observation, may not be correct.
I can see that. Hard to justify an original .44 standard 6" or 8" when the new gun appears to be superior in almost every way. IMO.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
So clearly there is a possibility the new Anaconda will be offered in .454…which I guess makes sense.

But having fired .454 in a Freedom Arms I cannot fathom willingly ever being around that cartridge again. Kids these days…
Well guess what? A 45 Colt can be fired in the same revolver! Two for One! Guess I am a 59 year old kid lol....... You are only as old as you feel........;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dave, I just turned 50. I don’t feel old, but I’m fanatical about preventing more tinnitus than I already have. I don’t think there is hearing protection yet invented that is a enough for .454.

But have it! :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I just can't fathom Colt never making the Anaconda in .45 Colt again. The only thing that will prevent that is if demand for the .44's just never slacks off. As soon as sales slow down enough to give them breathing room, they'll reignite the market with a .45 Colt.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Well guess what? A 45 Colt can be fired in the same revolver! Two for One! Guess I am a 59 year old kid lol.......
Dave, I just turned 50. I don’t feel old, but I’m fanatical about preventing more tinnitus than I already have. I don’t think there is hearing protection yet invented that is a enough for .454.

But have it! :)
Oh there is no problem. Just have to have them made, actually molded to your ear. Been using them for years. Will also put muffs over them occasionally but the muzzle blast of of my Gemini Customs guns that are ported make my glasses jump! The double actions are so much easier to shoot than the Freedom Arms I have that was built when Dick Casull had the company early on. One in a 4.5 or 5in Anaconda is on my bucket list. It would shoot 45 Colt as well. (y)

The 454 is not for everyone but for me it is one of my favorites even if they are not for extended shooting sessions...:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts