4,648 Posts
Re: Anaconda 45LC 4\" Record Price?

You're not the only one watchin' that one. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts

Oh my gawd! I'd feel guilty selling mine for that price.....but I could learn to live with it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

WHAT THE (nasty-word-for-2-people-having-sexual-intercourse)!!!

Can somebody please tell me what the heck is going on down there?

Almost 3k for a 4 " darrelled 45LC Anaconda SS with a turn line on the cylinder? ( oh, my God, this auction hasn't ended yet!)

America has one thing enough of, people with way to much money!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

serious mode on:

What is so special about this gun? It is now already making more money then the 4" Boa!

·
Registered
794 Posts

Not quite in the Boa price range yet. The last several Boa's I remember seeing on auctions went for between $3000 to $3500! Unbelievable!

Gunsmoke, the appeal of this gun is in the low production numbers of the 4" version. No one can say for sure how many were made,and I can't even hazard an informed guess. But for as few as were allegedly made, we have several members here on this forum that own this gun. And most of us probably didn't pay anywhere near that price.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Not to change the subject but, did anyone see the Colt Cobra or was it a detective, that Joe/Deb sold for $2775?

·
Registered
794 Posts

Gunsmoke you are absolutely right that some Americans have WAY too much money.

I looked a little closer at the subject auction. When I saw the bidders, realized why it is going so high. I recognize the ID "thecoltguy" as a big spender. I have seen him win many an auction (both on GB and e-bay) simply because he has more chips on his side of the table than most of us are willing to bet.

I have simply backed out of auctions when he is involved as he will bet the farm to get what he wants. And he usually does get what he wants, no matter what the price. There is nothing wrong with a person having the means to obtain the toys they desire, however I would think that somewhere there is a line between foolish spending and strong desire. That line is apparently drawn differently for many of us..

·
Registered
400 Posts

I have a parable that would apply here:

A man is driving on an highway in the southwestern USA. As he's traveling he sees a road side stand selling "Genuine Indian Pottery." Well he doesn't need a pot but he stops anyway just to stretch his legs. Much to his suprise a pot catches his eye so he asks the Indian working at the stand, "This pot is very striking, how much does it cost?" The Indian tells him that it is twenty dollars. Well he only has so much money for his trip so he decides to pass up this piece of pottery.

A short drive later and his spys another stand just like the first one. He thinks maybe they'll have something else he likes that maybe he could afford and stops. Much to his surprise he sees another pot identical to the first one he liked earlier. So he says to the Indian, "How much for this pot?"

The Indian's answer shocked him, "That pot is two hundred dollars."

"But I saw an indentical pot to this one at another stand just a little further back on the highway. He only wanted twenty dollars for it there. How can you charge two hundred for it here?"

The Indian gets a wry smile and says flatly, "Some people want to pay twenty for the pot and others want to pay two hundred."

Dave

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Almost make me feel like selling mine, but I'll wait till it start spitting out gold bullets. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

Some Americans have way too much money and some don't, and also have two children in college. I won't be purchasing any 4-inch Anaconda's soon. Besides, I can think of a lot of New Service revolvers that I've seen for big money that I'd prefer to own.

It will be fun to watch the auction to see the ending price.

·
Registered
345 Posts

I'd sell mine at what this one sells for.I aien't in love with any gun THAT much.

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts

If I had unlimited funds, I would probably bid huge amounts for guns I want and do not have. The gun would mean more than the money. When funds are not unlimited (or are not in larger than needed amounts by a significant margin), most of us cannot bid such huge amounts.

Again, I do not see what other bidders are doing has any bearing on what I will bid. I will bid what I am willing (able) to pay and will win or lose on that basis. I have paid more than the bidder mentioned at least once so I would suggest, again, bidding what you think the item is worth and see what happens.

When I compare Boas and .45 Anacondas to the premium Pre-War guns (Shooting Masters, National Matches, New Service Targets, etc.), I cannot see spending Pre-War money on one of these "new" Colts. When I see an 8-inch Camp Perry, of which there are only about 500, bringing far less than these guns, it does not seem right. I cannot see the value in these "new" Colts, which do not have the quality or distinction of Colts from the "Golden Age." I will spend my money on the old Colts.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,317 Posts

After reading Manderson's reply and going back over the links I noticed that my name was mentioned by WS23. I will admit that I bid on items of interest but pass on many items as well. I just passed (stopped bidding) on a Colt New Service .357 and fellow Forum member Robba was the lucky bidder. As another Forum member Judgecolt stated, I bid as much as I am willing to pay for an item and if I don't get it, so be it. I have always felt that Colts are a great investment and I certainly enjoy them more than a stock certificate. Regards, Cam.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Re: Anaconda 45LC 4\" Barrel Change

What is stopping someone from sending in any anaconda and having the barrel changed or if it is a .44 a barrel and cylinder change? Is it possible some of these are on the market now?

·
Registered
991 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I bid as much as I am willing to pay for an item and if I don't get it, so be it. I have always felt that Colts are a great investment and I certainly enjoy them more than a stock certificate. Regards, Cam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone was busting your chops. I agree that Colts are a wise investment. The few I own have almost doubled in value over the past three years, which is more than I can say about my mutual funds.

When I first joined this forum I knew nothing about Colt DA's except that I really wanted a Python. I remember Diamondback68 said "The Colt Diamondback is a better investment". I'll be damned if he wasn't right just three years later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts