Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased and was told limited in 1997 when made per paperwork. Maybe 100 made with that coating. Estimate price?

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Welcome to a great forum!
Quality pictures will be needed for an accurate evaluation.
I’m not familiar with a satin finished Anaconda but I’m sure others will know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to a great forum!
Quality pictures will be needed for an accurate evaluation.
I’m not familiar with a satin finished Anaconda but I’m sure others will know.
Thanks looks just like satin, just a limited coat from 1997 only done that year. Just wondering. Can’t find a sell price but one was sold I see but does not show the sell.

·
Registered
9,588 Posts
Sounds like Colt used some frames that had blemished finishes...bead blast them and send them out as a "rare" variation. Still...whether that could be true or not and there are a hundred of these floating around it does make for a rare variation. Sorta like the way Colt saved time on revolvers in the late '40s and early '50s with unpolished flutes...only those were pretty much standard rather than rare.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like Colt used some frames that had blemished finishes...bead blast them and send them out as a "rare" variation. Still...whether that could be true or not and there are a hundred of these floating around it does make for a rare variation. Sorta like the way Colt saved time on revolvers in the late '40s and early '50s with unpolished flutes...only those were pretty much standard rather than rare.
Thank you! That answered why only about 100👍

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Sounds like a letter opportunity.
Vic

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I have a letter from colt verifying it. I just can’t find any to compare online.
Post pics of letter and gun.
Vic

·
Registered
9,588 Posts
That would be the first .357 Magnum Anaconda I've ever heard about. The .45 Colt model is uncommon enough...but one in .357 Magnum? :eek:

I guess the proof readers don't have know about what's being written about...just making sure there's no misspellings.

Reactions: Kerz

·
Registered
752 Posts
Posting pics and letter should solve any confusion.
A post by a seller trying to pump up his Anaconda to get maximum price will not persuade anybody here into believing its a rare pistol.
Post pics. We want to see it.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
SW
Too funny for words!! 😀
I thought this was a BS posting from the start.
Vic

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Posting pics and letter should solve any confusion.
A post by a seller trying to pump up his Anaconda to get maximum price will not persuade anybody here into believing its a rare pistol.
Post pics. We want to see it.
I’m not selling I just bought one. I was just asking a question. Why the harshness!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m not selling I just bought one. I was just asking a question. Why the harshness!!!
I don’t have the gun or paperwork out and don’t feel like taking pics of it. Never mind!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

SW
Too funny for words!! 😀
I thought this was a BS posting from the start.
Vic

why...I bought as a surprise for my husband, thought it was rare and I’m asking around. Why BS?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts