Colt Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Doing a Forum search I found this from 2015. As most of you know Marc of Keystone Arms has been a seller/ dealer of unique and hard to find Colt's for many years. FYI
However, maybe I spoke too soon........in the rest of the thread page 2 they talk about fakes. They state the box is fake and it was not original finish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
However, maybe I spoke too soon........in the rest of the thread page 2 they talk about fakes. They state the box is fake and it was not original finish.
Who knows? I do know I got an Anaconda which is what I was after in the first place. Thanks again!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The gun looks exactly like that (from my memory) One hole, and I don’t have box here now.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
We all know that fakers go after the rare stuff. That's where the money is at. I think the OP's gun so far is on a track of being original Colt factory and a scarce variety.

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Looks like you got a gem there! I actually had not saw one of those I can recall. Also there could have been one, two, or three (or more shipments). Very unlikely more than a couple though. We know there are at least 70 out there by that letter. One thing I’ve noticed is when a gun is too rare, it’s usually worth less because collectors don’t know about it. From my observations, the 250-1000 range seems to be a sweet spot.

Any way you cut the mustard, this thing is scarce and quite valuable. Congrats, I’m sure he will be very happy! I certainly would be ;)

Reactions: MelB and Maxcustody

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks like you got a gem there! I actually had not saw one of those I can recall. Also there could have been one, two, or three (or more shipments). Very unlikely more than a couple though. We know there are at least 70 out there by that letter. One thing I’ve noticed is when a gun is too rare, it’s usually worth less because collectors don’t know about it. From my observations, the 250-1000 range seems to be a sweet spot.

Any way you cut the mustard, this thing is scarce and quite valuable. Congrats, I’m sure he will be very happy! I certainly would be ;)
In addition, thanks to all of you. She has credible info on this gun to pass along to her husband, who now owns a rare Colt from the factory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Thank you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
In addition, thanks to all of you. She has credible info on this gun to pass along to her husband, who now owns a rare Colt from the factory.
Thanks to all of you, that’s why I asked on here! Have a great weekend and stay well🤙😊

·
Registered
460 Posts
factory bead blasted anacondas are very low production.......no one knows the exact figures....so who ever mentioned 100 is just guessing period........rare guns are often faked ...letters are faked....boxes are faked.......upon receipt of the gun first thing is call colt and verify the letters authenticity....if it checks out then you have a lower production somewhat "rare" gun....the second thing would be to post good pictures and labels of the gun box here for verification that it is the original authentic box for that gun....doing so would enhance the gun value and the total package value .....if you want to just trust what you have thats fine also but the next buyer will want verification

·
Registered
313 Posts
factory bead blasted anacondas are very low production.......no one knows the exact figures....so who ever mentioned 100 is just guessing period........rare guns are often faked ...letters are faked....boxes are faked.......upon receipt of the gun first thing is call colt and verify the letters authenticity....if it checks out then you have a lower production somewhat "rare" gun....the second thing would be to post good pictures and labels of the gun box here for verification that it is the original authentic box for that gun....doing so would enhance the gun value and the total package value .....if you want to just trust what you have thats fine also but the next buyer will want verification
This right here^ Shoot a message to Colt Archives, and they will be able to affirm if you have a genuine letter/gun. Quality pictures posted here of your gun along with the box will also help you quite a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased and was told limited in 1997 when made per paperwork. Maybe 100 made with that coating. Estimate price?
Just purchased and was told limited in 1997 when made per paperwork. Maybe 100 made with that coating. Estimate price?
I had one just like yours nib it sold on gunbroker for 4500.00 5 years ago there worth what someone willing to pay for them you have a nice gun

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
One wonders if colt might have planned to have these coated with “real tree” finish as they did with some 8” guns. Then maybe cancelled the idea.
I was wondering the same thing especially since the letter mentions the Realtree grips and being drilled and tapped for a Realtree scope.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts