Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
There is 2 different style of factory wood grips that I think will fit the Anaconda, But I don't think they ever came like that from Colt.
I think the styles that fit the Anaconda are the ones that came on the Combat Cobra ( they look to small on the Anaconda) and the other style is the style that came on the Boa.
I've had both styles and did not like either ones on the Anaconda. But then again, that was just my opinion.
I can't recall any others that will fit from the factory.
Maybe someone else can help us here ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree with Jeff. And those factory grips just didn't look right on the Anaconda.
And FWIW, the rubber ones with the "Colt" banner are much more comfortable than the ones without.

·
Registered
689 Posts
At the risk of going a little off track let me add; Houge makes some of the best looking wood grips out there. As such I purchased a set for my Anaconda. However, they did not look (in my opinion) all that (astatically pleasing to the eye) on this revolver, meaning to me that they appeared to be made for something else but would also fit the Anaconda so lets use them.

Now I know that Houge would never do such a thing, this is simply my way of describing my thoughts...

Regards,

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hogue lists the same grip for both Anaconda and King Cobra. I suspect the Anaconda developed out of the frame used for the Mk V with the cylinder window opened up to accommodate the .44 mag. This increased the frame height and this is why the grip stops short on the Anaconda. Perhaps (??) Herretts would make a grip to fit specifically the Anaconda.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,704 Posts
Colt used the same grip frame on the Trooper Mark V, the King Cobra, and the Anaconda.

Here's a pair of wood grips as used on the Mark V, and occasionally used on the King Cobra.

Sorry, but I think these were the ugliest grips Colt ever put on a revolver.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Those look like the one on the Anaconda 1st Model Limited Edition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I am wondering why you asked the question in the first place? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if you must know I was not sure if they were real Colt on that Anaconda.Thats why I ask the question.Need I explain it any further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts