Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't own an Anaconda, but I have handled a few. The 6 inch is fairly heavy, but balances well. The 8 inch is definitely muzzle heavy and should handle recoil nicely. They all seemed to be well built, just not enough of them around and they have always been a little expensive, especially compared to the Ruger Redhawk.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
klw

You don't say what your intended use of the Anaconda is, so it's hard to give a definitive answer. It goes without saying, it would not be a good carry gun for any reason, unless you carried in a shoulder holster for hunting. When you say Anaconda and 44Mag and 8" the only thing that comes to my mind is for hunting. It would definately make a fine hunting piece especially if scoped and could handle just about anything in North America (maybe not grizzly) at close range.

On the other hand they make very load, expensive and abusive "plinkers".

What are your intended uses of the gun?

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 09-02-2004).]

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just like long barrelled revolvers. The intended use is target shooting.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by klw:
I just like long barrelled revolvers. The intended use is target shooting.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, but unless you are shooting silhoutte or steel, 22LR or 38SPL is a whole lot cheaper or am I missing something here?
My guess is you just like the bigger holes.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I just like 44 Magnums. I've got five S&W Performance Center 44 Magnums with barrel lengths ranging from 6.5 to 12 inches. I've got a Taurus with a 12 inch barrel. I'm looking at a S&W PC with an 8 3/8 inch barrel, the 9.5 inch Ruger and the 8 inch Annaconda.

Colt, however, has had their off years. How well made are these guns?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can't say Colt really had any bad years. Granted, their guns had a much nicer finish before 1970, but I can't say they had any bad years. Judge each gun on its own merits. If it passes all the tests, odds are it is a good gun.

I went to the local sporting goods and pawn shop today. They had two brand new S&W 500 magnums, a Ruger Redhawk, a Super Redhawk a 629 Classic and an Anaconda with an 8 inch barrel. I just can't afford any more guns right now and my S&W 29-3 and Ruger Super Redhawk really should be enough to satisfy my 44 magnum cravings....for the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts