Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most Anacondas are chambered in 44mag. I have one in the .45 LC caliber. I've only fired less than box of shells through it.I am the original so I know the extent of it's use. My question is; does this caliber bring any extra value to the gun, due to the rarity of this caliber. Or do I just own a common fine colt revolver to keep my pythons company?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ws,...I am new to this forum, but not new to shooting. And knowing where to ask those who knows,.helps.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The .45 Colts are much RARER than the .44 mags-and-If your gun is a 4 inch bbl., it is VERY RARE! Bud

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lonewolf thanks for that info,.........especially about the barrel length. I would like to sit and chat, but with that bit of info I'm gonna run out and grab me a hacksaw,....I'll let you know how everthing works out....lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have not noticed any difference in price between the 44 and 45 Anacondas with 6 inch barrel.

For rarity, I have a Taurus Raging Bull in 45 Colt. I called Taurus to ask a question about it and they denied ever making such a thing. A couple of weeks later they finally admitted to it. I was hoping they used the same reamer as for the 454 so I would have tight chambers. No such luck, it has the usual oversized 45 Colt chambers.

Any body know how tight the 45 Anaconda chambers are?

·
Registered
53 Posts
What's the diameter of the 45 Colt Anaconda chamber in the case area? 45 Colt chambers are traditionally oversized in this area as well. You will sometimes find a 45 Colt cartridge that will not chamber in a 454 Casull, especially ones hand loaded with cast bullets in 45 Colt dies.

[This message has been edited by unspellable (edited 08-12-2004).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts