Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt Anaconda

Just behind the trigger guard area, and slightly forward of the top of the grip. There is a number "2" stamped on the gun

any idea of what this means?

thank you for your help

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have a Colt Anaconda

Just behind the trigger guard area, and slightly forward of the top of the grip. There is a number "2" stamped on the gun
If I have the correct area on the attached picture, it is an Assembler/Inspector mark. Another mark on the front of the trigger guard is a Proof Testing mark.

Gun Revolver Metal Trigger

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,466 Posts
All Colt revolvers have factory inspection stamps.

The standards are a letter stamp on the left rear of the trigger guard which is assumed to be the assemblers stamp.
The tiny "VP" in a triangle on the left front trigger guard is Colt's Verified Proof stamp, verifying that the gun passed it's proof test.
There will be at least one letter stamp under the serial number on the frame. This is assumed to be the final inspectors stamp.

You will also see various inspection stamps on the left side of the grip frame under the grips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.