Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for the Colt experts.
1.What year or years were the 5" guns produced?
2.Are the 4" guns less common than the others?
3.Are there any special editions that were produced?
Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
991 Posts
#2, I see a lot more 6 and 8 inch up for sale. This is just my observation, but would lead to the fair assumption they manufactured fewer four inch.

#3, There was a special edition of some sort. It was a high polish SS in aluminum case with walnut stocks. Can't remember any more than that and I have only seen two I can recall. I think they were early production which would make them quite valuable.

Some might consider the Kodiak a special edition, which is nothing but a ported Anaconda with unfluted cylinder. These are pretty hard to find.

·
Registered
778 Posts
We have a 6" ultimate stainless 45 Anaconda, and have been looking for a 4" 45 for some time. That barrel length, and cal. are fairly rare. They made a lot of 44 magnums.

They did make less of the 4" than the 6". Also finding one in ultimate stainless is not easy.

Our 6" 45 Anaconda is one of the most pleasant guns to shoot that we have. It's a a sweet handling revolver. Guys aways want to look at it at the range.

Bob

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
My Anaconda 5 incher was produced in 1996 (as per Colt). As for other years produced, I don't have any idea.
My least found standard production Anaconda aside from the 5 incher was/is the 4 inch .45 LC.
The most common Anaconda I've found has been the 6 inch .44 hands down.
As for the answer to your question about the 4 inch vs the 6 inch. Yes, the 4 inch barreled guns are tougher to find in both 45 LC & 44 Magnum.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Guys, I think BigHorn is looking for info, not just pictures of Anacondas.
Like, what special editions were available ?
Hey Chug, what's the deal on the special edition ?
Is it a first Edition, that would be my guess.
Help the poor guy out. Give him some info.

Thanks, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
49 Posts
.44 Magnum ~ Anaconda ~ 1st Edition
#MM006xx

6", Brt Stn, "First Edition", Caliber .44 Magnum, Model #mm 3061FE, One of 1000, Aluminum Carrying case, sold only to premium dealers….

It was represented as ONE of A 1000, however, I believe most of the first ORIGINAL 500 were recalled by Colt due to some type of mechanical malfunction, thus only about 500 were actually on the market.

This is a special gun in that it was given to a very few of Colt’s best dealers prior to the release to the general public. It comes with a very nice “brief case” type gun case. I aqquired this gun in 1991 To date I’ve never seen another like it. There are plenty of Anaconda’s out there but none like this one.

Colt had some real problems with this series and RECALLED most of their 1st run. This gun, however, was not one of those which makes it even more special (to me). I don’t know the details on the RECALL but I’m sure the information is available.

Hope this helps in some way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts