Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been searching for a couple days now with not much resolve. Finally found this forum and figured I would ask.

I own a Colt Anaconda SS, 6" bar. that I bought new in 1999. I bought it about a week before Colt stopped making it (the first time). Thing is, it's a ported gun and Colt only shows 8" Anaconda's as ported. I have only found one othe Anaconda with the ported 6" bar. Said it was custom ported by Colt. I'd like to know if this adds any real value to the gun as it seems very rare.

Also, I have noticed the serial #'s on all the guns I've seen online are MMxxxxx numbers. My serial # is AN01163. Maybe I haven't searched hard enough but I've been at it a couple hours a day for 2 days with no resolve. I will probably end up contacting Colt but wanted to see if anyone here could shed some light. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
400 Posts
The only thing that Colt will you over the phone is the year that your gun was made. You could request a factory letter which isn't cheap and would tell you about the weapon. But as you are the original owner that wouldn't be help either. Colt has never released any information after 1986 about production figures etc. I understand that they won't tell you if you ask nor will that kind of info be in the letter. Colt is famous for using left over this and that to put handguns. So a non-typical Anaconda is certainly not out of the question.

Dave

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I believe porting was optional on the 6 & 8 inch barrels.
I'm not sure which years they did it though.
I think it was in the fine print in some of the dealer catalogs from what I remember.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
121 Posts
While I do not know the answer to your question, I own a 6" Anaconda and am interesteg in seeing a picture of your ported Anaconda. Would it be possible for you to post a picture?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a .44 mag in satin. I'm really wanting to find out this info. The serial # is puzzling me as well as the porting. I'm pretty sure the porting was a custom order. The Model # on the ported 8" is MM3080PTD whereas my gun is a MM3060TD. I haven't found a model # denoting porting for an Anaconda 6". I'll take some pictures later tonight and post them. There is a label on the box over a portion af the original bearing this: CTM3060PORTD. I'm guessing that means "custom ported MM3060". It's bugging me not knowing the real facts of this gun, especially the odd serial #. (or what I believe to be odd) Anyone with info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Very interesting post. Had to drag mine out of the safe to check numbers etc. Satin, 6 inch, no porting and MM serial with no suffix letters.
Guess mines just an ordinary one.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I find it interesting that you bought it new 7 years ago, and only getting curious now? I guess then you just bought it back then with no knowledge of what you were buying?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cut the guy some slack? I ask questions here all the time and know the answer to only a few.If I could help I would.It is a custom shop gun for sure as all the ported guns I know of came from the custom shop.As with all Colts just because it is little know does not mean it does not exist.Seens the good old 38 Diamondback 6" Nickel has the same mystery.Know body has ever seen one yet I have pictures of 3 now so they are out there.Probably custom shop guns also.

·
Registered
689 Posts
FYI; If I recall correctly Magnaport http://www.magnaport.com/ did the portings for Colt...

Check out what they can do with a 6 or 8 inch Anaconda...

The Mini Anaconda

Mag-Na-Port's newest snubnose is built using a factory six or eight inch Colt Anaconda. This conversion includes; cutting the barrel to 2 ¾", inverting the muzzle crown, remounting the front sight blade, the Mag-Na-Port process, removing factory lettering, apply custom logos, general smoothup, recut the forcing cone, and a velvet hone finish. .. $515.00

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply to this. Been ultra busy with other stuff. The porting is the OOOOO style. Just like the one in the link but 6" rather than 8". I have yet to take pictures of it but will as soon as I can find my camera. (recently moved so I'm still finding stuff)

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that you bought it new 7 years ago, and only getting curious now? I guess then you just bought it back then with no knowledge of what you were buying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your helpful input.

Reason for the sudden interest is I was thinking about selling it, as I don't shoot much anymore and have little use for a large caliber revolver. I'm thinking twice about selling it now. Then gun has about 80 rds. through it total. This tells you how much I shoot anymore.

Jason

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The serial # is puzzling me as well as the porting. I'm pretty sure the porting was a custom order. The Model # on the ported 8" is MM3080PTD whereas my gun is a MM3060TD. I haven't found a model # denoting porting for an Anaconda 6". I'll take some pictures later tonight and post them. There is a label on the box over a portion af the original bearing this: CTM3060PORTD. I'm guessing that means "custom ported MM3060". It's bugging me not knowing the real facts of this gun, especially the odd serial #. (or what I believe to be odd) Anyone with info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it PDT or PTD? The Spring/Summer '97 catalog shows an MM3080PDT new model that is Ported, Drilled and Tapped (PDT).the 3040 and 3060 are offered just as DT with optional porting. The ports are ooooo. FWIW /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts