Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 6" Anaconda in 45 LC. I notice his grips have COLT embossed in them but no medallions. I was unaware Colt did this. All the other Anaconda grips I have seen had a Colt medallion in them. Are these grips original or are they a Colt Factory aftermarket or other aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The rubber grips with the medallions were made for by Pachmayr for Colt and the set in question was made for by Hogue for Colt. Like Marc said, less common.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Colt installed the Hogue stocks on Anacondas and King Cobras the last few years they were in production.
Not to my knowledge. The rubber Hogue grips were only factory installed on the early python elite's (fat block letter roll mark), anaconda ducks unlimited edition, and anaconda realtree. All other anacondas and king cobras came with rubber combat target stocks produced by Vintage Industries at the end of the production runs.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Not to my knowledge. The rubber Hogue grips were only factory installed on the early python elite's (fat block letter roll mark), anaconda ducks unlimited edition, and anaconda realtree. All other anacondas and king cobras came with rubber combat target stocks produced by Vintage Industries at the end of the production runs.
I'll agree; I've never seen them on K.C.'s...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts