Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a steel scope mount available? My gun is chambered in .44 mag with an 8" barrel, ported, drilled and tapped. I've tried the Jack Weigand aluminum mount and rings (three rings) and the mount wouldn't hold a zero. I took the scope off and found damage to the slots where the rings went in. I did email jackweigand a few times with pictures but they never responded. I'd like to get a burris mount but haven't found one yet, I know they are steel. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Floyd

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have some experience with both the B-Square and the Burris. I have removed both of them from used Anacondas for cleaning or to sell and I have not seen any signs that the mount was actually on the gun with the B-Square but minimal signs with the Burris. The B-Square mount is a little better designed in my opinion that it sits square on the shoulders of the barrel rather than the top strap. I do have a testiment to the Burris model that I really found incredible. I took a scope off of a Hunter once and when I reinstalled 1 of the 4 supplied screws for mounting, it was rock solid and locked onto the gun comparable to most mounts with 4 or 6 screws installed. I found it quite fascinating. I don't think you would go wrong with either of these but personally if I were going to mount up a scope and accuracy was of the utmost importance and field performance, I would lean towards the Burris. I find it visually more attractive as well.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
I don't think you would go wrong with either of these but personally if I were going to mount up a scope and accuracy was of the utmost importance and field performance, I would lean towards the Burris. I find it visually more attractive as well.
+1.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed Burris and they sent me a mount free of charge. Wow is that customer service or what? Hats off to them!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You lucky dog! You are about to enjoy strong solid mounting of your scope. A good testiment to Burris, good information to know. I wonder if I call them and tell them I have 250 Anacondas.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My burris rings came in today and oddly enough the Burris Anaconda mount that Burris sent me does not fit my gun. The holes do not line up. I'm pretty sure my Anaconda was a ported drilled and tapped model from the factory. It's came out of the custom gun shop I believe since the serial number starts was an "A." Does anyone have any ideas? I was really surprised. I'm calling Colt tomorrow to see what they suggest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colt basically said they cannot help me or provide any information in terms of what the dimension are supposed to be on the anaconda scope mount. I spoke with Burris and they are going to try to work with me on this and want pictures and the dimensions on the holes. Does anyone know what the dimensions are supposed to be or has pictures? IMG_2164.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts