Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like the Anacondas a bit and have been working to put together a full list of all different factory versions. Here are the ones I know about, are there others?

Standard .44 in 4", 5", 6" and 8" all except 5" with a DT variant
Standard .45 in 4", 6" and 8"
Colt Custom Shop (marked CCS4) - 4", 6" and 8" - .44 only
Colt PDT (Custom Shop?) - 8" with 5 circle porting - .44 only
Colt Realtree - 8" .44 only with scope, bag, etc.
First Edition - 8" .44 only bright stainless with Aluminum case
American Historical Foundation - Legacy Edition, Black Chrome w/gold accents 8" .44 only
American Historical Foundation - NASCAR, black chrome with more gold accents 8" .44 only
Kodiak 4" and 6" unfluted cylinders and ported barrels .44 only

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
First Edition were 6", I believe.
Also the Realtree came with or without the scope.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The CCS4 was also available in 8". Also, I don't believe the AHS Legacy and Nascar editions were Colt factory versions, but aftermarket instead.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
There is a 6" Custom shop Anaconda .44 that wears round hole porting also which is very difficult to come by.

There are also the "Bead Blasted" Anacondas which have a textured finish as the name implies. These are Drilled and Tapped at the factory with only a single hole on top as compared to the more commonly seen 2 holes. The Model number will say "Bead" after the 3060. I have only seen real examples of the Bead Blasted Anaconda in 6" Barrel length but I cannot comment as to weather or not they made any 4s,5s, or 8s in this finish.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
In reference to Marc's post regarding bead-blasted Anacondas, my database shows that by far the 6" is the most common, but there are a few 8" around -
MM514xx, made in 1993 is model number MM3080BEAD.
MM85785, made in 1997 is model number MM3080PDTBEAD.
MM86522, made in 1997 is model number MM3080PDTBEAD.
Have no record of 4" or 5" being bead-blasted, YET.

·
Registered
979 Posts
And yes the first edition was 6" and only 1,000 were made. They are the only bright stainless anacondas in existence

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
My Anaconda is bright stainless...but I sent it to the Custom Shop for that. :p

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
And yes the first edition was 6" and only 1,000 were made. They are the only bright stainless anacondas in existence
If I may be so bold, the Anaconda First Edition are the only FACTORY finished BSTS Anacondas.
There are many, many BSTS Anacondas out there that have after-market polished finishes.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an Anaconda, 6", that is notably brighter than my other ones or others that I have seen. How can I determine if it is actually Bright Stainless Steel? By serial number? No box, papers or other items with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts