Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)When was the Anaconda made with a 5-inch barrel?

2)How long were these 5-inch barrels made by Colt(Or, was this only a Limited Edition Model?)?

3)were any Anacondas ever offered by Colt with barrel porting(Or, was this done only as a Limited Edition Anaconda?)?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Didn't know it existed.
Then again, anything can happen.
It's pictured with a 3"x 5" card next to the barrel, so it looks correct. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I taint never seen one before.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re: Anaconda with a 5-inch barrel-When was this ma

The spacing of the vent ribs is proportional ie they look in between those of a 4 and 6 inch. the six has three, the 4 has two, and the 5 has two which seem to be spaced farther apart.

Decent price for it if it is legit. Last I remember it was 1250.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well, the big QUESTION as to WHEN these 5-inch barreled Anacondas were made, still remains to be answered?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

The BIG answer must be, nobody here has seen one before, so, only the shadow knows.
Well, the shadow & possibly Colt. Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
36 Posts

I don't know when they were made either but I would guess the late 1990's. From what I recall somewhere between 150 and 200 were made. About 2 years ago there was one for sale in Washington state for about $875 as I recall on Guns America. I do like the barrel length.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What caliber is it? I would think 45 colt would be worth a lot more than 44 mag. Did they even make the 5" in 45. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As far as I know all the 5" Anacondas were .44 mag. I seem to recall the topic of 5" Anacondas came up about 6 mos. to a year or so on this board. I don't know if the discussion still exists in the archives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts