Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice Anaconda followed me home saturday.
I`ve been fighting the urge for a month now.
For a while I was safe. I didn`t have the spare cash. But my locally dealer failed me completely, he should have sold it before I had the money.
But when I went over there saturday, it was a combination fatal to my bank account. The gun was still there, I had the checkbook in my pocket, and there was enough in the account to cover it.
If only my dealer would hide things like this when he sees me coming.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like me the last time I went to a gun show. I can't help it if someone decides to have a gun show on the exact same weekend my wife was out of town and we had some extra $$$. At least she was in an understanding mood when she got home (not to mention that I told her while she was gone so she had a couple of days to calm down!)

------------------
-Gun control means using both hands-
JR

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R. Walter:
If you don't mind me asking AND don't mind answering..... how much did you pay?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$600. That seems to be about the going rate for a lightly used Anaconda around these parts these days.
Not a bargin, but seems about market value. Now if the prices stay this high is another question.
Wish I`d had the sense to buy a few of these back when Colt still made them as regular production. I remember seeing more than a few new ones at gun shows priced a little above $400.
But it seems a lot of Colt prices are going sky high these days. Especially the Pythons, Diamondbacks, Delta Elites, and Anacondas.
Even the little Mustangs and .380 Governments are bringing pretty high dollars these days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mike, Have you shot your new baby yet? I have been considering a similiar purchase and would like to know your assessment of the accuracy and shooting comfort if any. What is your barrel length? Thanks.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by intimidator:
Mike, Have you shot your new baby yet? I have been considering a similiar purchase and would like to know your assessment of the accuracy and shooting comfort if any. What is your barrel length? Thanks.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The barrel is 6 inch.
I put about 50 rounds of assorted handloads through it saturday. Full power loads with both 180gr and 240gr jacketed and a few of my light loads with 240gr hard cast.
Didn`t shoot for accuracy. Was just shooting at pop cans. Good enough that it`s no trouble hitting a pop can at 25 yards, but just about any decent quality handgun will do that.
Maybe next weekend I`ll put up some paper and try it off a sandbag at 100 yards and see what it will do.
Felt recoil is about the same as a S&W model 29. Maybe a bit less. Comfortable to shoot.
At least it is for me. But I`ve never been a real recoil sensitive person. I really can`t tell much difference in the recoil of 9mm, 10mm, and 45acp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts