Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have no desire or need for a .44, but if I did; I would buy another Anaconda. My only complaints were small and nit-picky; I think the Anaconda is a first rate .44.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Yeah!!!!! Great .44 magnums I find them super accurate hopefully these will be same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah!!!!! Great .44 magnums I find them super accurate hopefully these will be same.
And tough as nails...That's one of the strongest DA revolvers ever made.
I hope they use the new action they're using on the Cobra and Python...that would be SO nice!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
More about it here.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Yes...it uses the Python action only somewhat scaled up for the larger frame...and it uses the same grip frame as the Python so stocks are interchangeable. That is a big plus!

It looks like Colt did it right...but time will tell but it's probably safe to say the new Anaconda will be a great seller if only Colt can maintain production and quality control.

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,692 Posts
Recent history supports all those complaints. And a longer look at history of Colt shows some pretty bad decision making. Now you should be able to understand it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like V-frames, and the Anaconda I owned long ago was a performer. But I always thought it looked like a V-frame swallowed a goat and only partially digested it. The new one looks much better to me, with a more balanced, universally large appearance instead of big on the top and medium on the bottom.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like V-frames, and the Anaconda I owned long ago was a performer. But I always thought it looked like a V-frame swallowed a goat and only partially digested it. The new one looks much better to me, with a more balanced, universally large appearance instead of big on the top and medium on the bottom.
Agreed, the new one does look a bit more properly proportioned in subtle ways.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree. The grips look like they are longer which works better. Makes them look the appropriate size.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts