Colt Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Just a note to the folks and amateur smith's who always popo the SA trigger on the new python and now this one. If it were not that way and it can be reworked by a good smith it would not pass the drop tests required by some states now in order to be certified for sale. There you go.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Colt is about selling product.
If that were true they would chamber .41 Rem Mag.
I don't see a .41 Anaconda anytime soon. Now a .41 Python would be very interesting, but I'm not sure the new Python's cylinder is quite large enough.

Like you, I'm a big fan of the .41, but the "market" isn't...Just us weirdo's.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How long before I can get the new Anaconda? Anybody seeing them in shops? Don’t see any on GB yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
At least we know they are out there? Waiting 12+ days would be the killer, paying the Buy Now $5,000 would be even worse

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
I wonder if demand for the new Anaconda will make Pythons, King Cobras and Cobras more scare than they are? Colt can only have so much capacity and tilting it towards the Anaconda has to impact the other products.

Reactions: skwcoltguy

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Photos show it has a recessed crown.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Few types of people are more miserable on camera than engineers. Bless that fellow for getting through.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Yes you are a big fan but the 41 is going the way of the 32 long. Just not that many people are interested in it. My money is on a more powerful chambering than the 44 mag. ;):)
Since the Anaconda 2.0 seems to be more svelte, I would actually prefer a .44 Special. I have a .444 Marlin handgun, so power is not my goal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since the Anaconda 2.0 seems to be more svelte, I would actually prefer a .44 Special. I have a .444 Marlin handgun, so power is not my goal.
There seems to be nothing svelte about the new Anaconda. According to Colt specs the new guns weigh in at 53 ounces (6 inch) and 59 ounces (8 inch). The frames are also a little longer than their predecessors. I am guessing this has to due with the possibility of a .454 chambering in the future. Considering the gun's heft this might be a more appropriate chambering. As good as modern metallurgy is, Colt could possibly introduce a New Service sized frame chambered in .45 Colt and .44 Magnum, if they think the market is strong enough. This would take a bite out of S&W's N frame sales and would appeal to those (myself included) that want a packable big bore. With this frame size Colt could also do some limited edition runs in .44 Special (Only) and .41 Magnum.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
There seems to be nothing svelte about the new Anaconda. According to Colt specs the new guns weigh in at 53 ounces (6 inch) and 59 ounces (8 inch). The frames are also a little longer than their predecessors. I am guessing this has to due with the possibility of a .454 chambering in the future. Considering the gun's heft this might be a more appropriate chambering. As good as modern metallurgy is, Colt could possibly introduce a New Service sized frame chambered in .45 Colt and .44 Magnum, if they think the market is strong enough. This would take a bite out of S&W's N frame sales and would appeal to those (myself included) that want a packable big bore. With this frame size Colt could also do some limited edition runs in .44 Special (Only) and .41 Magnum.
Set the pics side by side as done in anohter thread, and to my eye the new Anaconda's frame is considerably better proportioned. The original, as with the Dan Wesson 44s, always struck me as too much frame for the revolver. Maybe not too long, but too tall, leading to a kind of chunky appearance.

I will accept one if I win it in a contest. I will not buy one, as I am in the twilight of my life and have but one caliber left on the list, and it uses the 1911 chassis.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts