Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Single Action Army Collection doubled today. To go with my 2nd Generation .357 Magnum I now have a circa 2011 3rd Generation, 4-5/8” blue gun that Colt S/N lookup says .44 Special; the barrel says .44 Russian and S&W .44 Special.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Sports equipment Beige Wood Foam Fashion accessory
I assume I can shoot either caliber in this gun; how common is this barrel marking?
Office equipment Font Metal Cylinder Titanium

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Congrats! I really want one of those. It was a Talo special edition. I know they make a lot of limited editions but I really want a 44 special and think one marked 44 Russian too would be cool. I bought their 45acp model.
Those are not the original grips, but they do look nice.
When your done playing with it remember me if you ever decide to part with it. Until then I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. BTW the 44 Russian is just a shorter 44 Special. Think of it like the 357/38 special.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Thanks. Those were the Wiley Clapp "designed" model with the rare caliber marking and 6 1/2" barrel.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although anything can happen I re-measured the barrel is 4-13/16”. If cut down it was done professionally. There isn’t any evidence of a re-blue; and I know that is a very odd barrel length.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I think the 45acp's were a 4 3/4" barrel and the .44's were the 6 1/2". Your barrel length is correct. 4 3/4" could vary that 1/16" in fitting and finishing. I will bet it is original.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Whoa, I don't know what to say about that unless both calibers were offered in either barrel length???

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
That is a wonderful gun! Congrads on a great find in the best SAA caliber and barrel length..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts