Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hardly just "another 1903". Just beautiful.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick, it in all original condition or is that a professional restoration? Regardless, it is absolutely stunning!!!
That's the original finish. The CCH is muted except in the protected areas and it seems to be translucent rather than the opaque CCH were used to. Perhaps Johnny P knows what process Parker used.

·
Registered
11,363 Posts
Really don't know anything about the method used by Parker. The manufacturers sometimes kept their cards close to their vest on just exactly how they finished their guns. I think Parker used the bone, leather, charcoal method, but nothing past that. Some released air bubbles into the water tank when the parts were quenched, each had their preferred temperature as well as time, and preferred polish method.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
That is really amazing. Nicest non colt to hit the lounge in a while. Any chance we can see a pic of the entire Parker, I would love to see the wood in full assembled form.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thanks, that's amazing as you know. Something about Parkers that have such a fluidity to them as far as wood choice, checkering/patterns and engraving. Rarely do you see one that doesn't have such elegance if original. Higher grades in nice shape are one of my favorite of all CT. Mnf., it's a good thing you can find them reasonably priced, especially the smaller gauges ;)
Again great post and very nice!

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Sorry ei8ht... got'cha! :cool:

In 1903 while Colt was working on it's new Pocket Hammerless there was another Connecticut firearms manufacturer making the shotgun below.
A "Deep pockets" hammerless?

Nevertheless, very aristocratic and well preserved. I wonder whose hands have gripped it.

Reactions: ei8ht
1 - 20 of 21 Posts