Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another 2.5\" Python this one SS

If I get any more luck like this I'll be broke by the end of the week. Found a new 2.5 Python in ultimate polished SS.

Serial #382XX. I don't believe this is as old as the blued one we bought earlier in the week. Like I said no more luck like this please. Wifey is ready to choke the sh__ out of me. Price is $850. which I think is fair.

Is this revolver at all rare. It has Hogue grips, and is so highly polished, I thought it was nickel until I looked at the S in the ejector rod schroud. Is it an 80"s gun.

Did it come with Pachmyer grips, as I have a set that may fit it.

Thanks for your help guys, Robba

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: another 2.5\" Python this one SS

Sorry Serial# should have a "T" before it like T382XX. Thanks, Robba

·
Registered
88 Posts

hi i read in a post like a week back all years had low numbers for 2.5 pythons.
if your wife gets to mad at you i can drive one hour south and by it from you

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the offer Bad Shot, but I'll put up with the verbal wifey beating I guess. My son and I were lamenting how good older revolvers were drying at dealers, and gun shows, then we hit these two snubby pythons. So they are out there, but we just have to be patient, and let them hatch out. We camp at Sebastian Inlet SP often. Caught two nice Pompano there a week ago. Chou, Robba

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

robba, it was made in 1985 to be exact.
Nice catch, but stop snatching up all the good pieces and save some for the rest of us.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Robba, wasn't aware there was such a thing! Congrats and happy shooting. Any chance of a picture?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

As soon as we figure out how to post pics, we will show both 2.5" Pythons on the forum. Both were found in the same week about ten miles apart at shops I had checked a few days before, and they were not there. The blued one appears to be unfired. The SS has the S in the ejector shroud, and has Hogue grips. It has been, fired but very little. We would like to know how may SS 2,5's were made, but getting anything out Colt is like pulling teeth.

I requested a letter on a very rare Ruger S47B Super Blackhawk we found two weeks ago, and had it in a week at no charge. Some difference in the two companies, Huh?

Anyway we are figureing out how to post pics, and will do it A.S.A.P. Again anyone know how many SS ones were made. Thanks much, Robba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts