Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,879 Posts
For a start, the grips are fakes.
Second the front sight pins appear to be nickel plated and probably should be blued.
Label font's and layout look way wrong.

At no point does the seller state it's original.

As it stands, these days any 3" Python should be considered a fake unless and until the BUYER gets a Colt Archive letter lettering it as an original 3" gun.
This is because there are so many re-barrel fakes around, even the seller may not know it's a fake.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Yes, it has those East Asian stocks with the strange medallions. They aren't rampant colts. The checkering is a poor copy.

Let's not forget the refinish. They just about buffed out the pony on the left side. Rounded stampings and screw holes.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yes. That gun is actually mentioned in a couple of other threads (buried a little in one of them).

Careful with this one - another fake Python
Colt Python Nickel 3inch new in box

Looks like a forum member bought it on a previous auction and luckily got his money back due to "some questions concerning the item" after seeing the posts on the forum.

This time the listing has changed:
1. no claim to box being original
2. No inspection period - sold AS-IS/NO REFUND-NO RETURN!

As recommended by the Blue Book on 3" guns- "A Colt factory letter for the 3 in. barrel is mandatory if purchasing."

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,879 Posts
And as above, if you're buying a high dollar Colt, especially a 3" Python a smart buyer gets his OWN Archive letter from Colt.
Along with fake grips, boxes, labels, hang tags, and manuals, counterfeit Colt factory Archive letters are appearing, complete with embossing.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
I'm not happy today. I just missed this one on another Forum. It went for $2300.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I just want one for carry so I gave up on trying to find a decent 2.5" Python and bought a 2.5" barrel local for 270.00. I have service grips and a Tyler to so I am just going to re-barrel one of my 4" shooter pythons and use it for carry. Will serve my needs perfectly and have <1500 in it. Will not ever be worth anything but that is not the goal
I'm not happy today. I just missed this one on another Forum. It went for $2300.

·
Registered
153 Posts
11 Bids so far, just proves there is an ass for every seat. ;)

Hmmm... maybe I should take and Old RG and paint "Pie-Thon" on it, put it in a fake ebay box and say its the very rare Euro version.
Lolz!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts