Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice High Polish M1911 Navy Pistols seem hard to find!? When was the last time one was available on the open market? Where are the High Polish Navy Pistols?

This is one of five hundred (1501 - 2000) shipped 10 Apr 1912,---107 years old! It appears all correct, with most of its original features,...stock screws to barrel bushing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you ALL for the kind words! Had planed to show some of the Very Early Features (and still do),---will have to overcome some download (from the camera) problems first.

Best Regards,

P.S. Was a little rushed to post it on the 10th (but just made it). Then developed a/that corrupt data card in the camera.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Stan, just amazing. Should that have a type 1 magazine?
Rick,

Yes, it has a Type I (and all the other early correct features). Open the 2nd picture (showing the right side of the mag) and enlarge it. There are some detail pics of the mag,---will have to fix the corrupt data on the camera card to post them. (Will give me something to DO!)

Best Regards,

P.S. Here's some pictures from the 1st session (when the card was working).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Amazing... Simply amazing!!
Rob,

Was thinking of you with this thread. Remember that discussion from a different place and time (15 Sep 2014)?

You, post #22: "I do know of a few high polish USN's with nitre blued smalls. I have to believe there are very few of them left."

Me, post #24: "
If things slow down for me, I will try and arrange some pictures of a nice early 1912 USN."

You, post # 25: "
I have a feeling that my heart will skip a beat if you do!"

Hope your Heart is Okay!;) (Will try to show some more of it. Where are the few that are left? They Do Not show up in the Auctions!? And, it seems there's always a Singer!)

Best Regards,

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Rob,

Was thinking of you with this thread. Remember that discussion from a different place and time (15 Sep 2014)?

You, post #22: "I do know of a few high polish USN's with nitre blued smalls. I have to believe there are very few of them left."

Me, post #24: "
If things slow down for me, I will try and arrange some pictures of a nice early 1912 USN."

You, post # 25: "
I have a feeling that my heart will skip a beat if you do!"

Hope your Heart is Okay!;) (Will try to show some more of it. Where are the few that are left? They Do Not show up in the Auctions!? And, it seems there's always a Singer!)

Best Regards,
What did I miss?? I just woke up after looking at pics of an amazing early fire blued USN... don't remember much since then.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What did I miss?? I just woke up after looking at pics of an amazing early fire blued USN... don't remember much since then.
Rob,

Hope you're feeling Okay!?;) (There are some antidotes, however none are universally effective.:rolleyes:)

Was concerned about just throwing up some pictures of it,---you know,...without a warm-up. Was originally thinking of posting some lesser quality 1912 M1911 Navies,...sort of an hors d'oeuvre for this one. Then the anniversary came up,---and,...well...it just happened. (Will try to show some more of its features.)

Best Regards,

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Here's the Rig. An early M1912 Mills Type I web belt, 1912 Mills mag pouch, 1912 dated M1912 swivel holster, and some period ammo. (And a couple extra mags.)

Stan, I love this image! It shows the amazing polish much better while still lighting up the small parts.:cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts