Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
May 22, 2013

AB 711 could stop all hunting in California

Assembly Bill 711, which would outlaw the use of lead for any purpose of hunting in California statewide and could stop all big game hunting in the state, passed the Democratically-controlled Assembly 44-21 on a party-line vote.

A little-known fact is that AB 711 could stop all hunting in California with rifle ammunition, since federal prohibitions on non-lead “alternative ammunition” are now under consideration as “cop killer” bullets, which would create a de facto ban on hunting statewide.

http://www.wonews.com/t-FeatureArticle_AB711_052213.aspx

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've never been overly fond of this part of Missouri where I'm from (terrible weather, year round), but every day I thank the Lord that I wasn't born a Californian, no offense to you guys that are, I know a quite a few really nice Californians. That's just ridiculous. Just see how good an idea they think that is when the ecosystems get all out of whack and they aren't getting all the sportsmens' money coming in every year.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got to Ca. in 1959. We used to be a very conservative state until the late sixties. Then every hippy, liberal and kook started moving in after the "Summer of Love." No offense but I wish all you other states kept your wacko's instead of sending them here. :)

AB711 is like a lot of other laws that pop every couple of years. If it makes it out of committee the Senate will more than likely kill it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What should worry the residents of the other 49 states is that if it passes California it will eventually bleed over into other states as the environmentalists push for federal laws mimicking CA firearms and ammunition restrictions. Think I'm wrong? Who was the first state to pass an assault weapon ban in 1989?, first state to pass a 10 round magazine ban? Well you get the picture.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Just see how good an idea they think that is when the ecosystems get all out of whack and they aren't getting all the sportsmens' money coming in every year.
they'll blame any ecology changes on global warming and the loss of sportsmen revenue will just lead to higher taxes. in fact they'll want more taxes to pay for ecology changes too! squeeze the citizens for more is all they know!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The threat is not just in Kalifornia. This same foolishness has come up in other states and has come up in the US house and senate, and it will keep coming back. Fortunately, it hasn't gained any traction....yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts