Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up another Minty DS. No box or papers. It had some pachmayrs on it....and they looked and felt great. I am NOT a guy who really likes Snubies..but again (see my thread from last weeks gun show find) I run into one for fantastic price..O well after getting him down a bit more on price, as I explain it doesn't have the factory grips...ill take it. This is where it gets funny. He is a private seller with 4 tables of stuff... moving down to the next table I see he has a glass display case full of stocks with a sign 15.00 each take your pic...and what do I see. You guessed it..A mint and I mean mint pair of DS factory stocks. I quickly hand him 15.00...and after handing me the grips..he says.. "hey what do those fit.. I cant lie..and said Detective Special... he just game me the deer in the headlights look. I smiled and politely thanked him and walked away.

About 30 minutes later found this little guy. A PP in .38 S&W that I rescued. She is one those guns...thats 70% in some places..and 98% in others if you know what I mean. But she is marked RY.EX.AGY. Railway Express Agency. She was made in 1931 and since the Railway Express Agency was in Jacksonville, my home town. I assume its been here ever since. :)

·
The Consummate Collector
7,523 Posts
Great finds. What is the barrel length on your RY EX AGY gun ? I assume 4" as that is all I have seen but it's hard to tell from the photo's.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It is incumbent at any given show to find "something", and you did really really good...nice finds and way to come up with some nice grips too!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great finds for sure, I have a 1973 Cobra, with the original and Pachymar grips, funny thing I like the original grips look so much better, but I shoot it better wearing the rubber ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts