Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always hesitant to post this type of question because I realize that value can vary wildly based on geographic location and just how much somebody is willing to pay for a specific gun. That being said, I'm trying to assign a trade value to a 1974 Detective Special in nickel finish. It appears to have been shot very little and never carried in a holster. The finish is in beautiful condition except for a pattern of scratches (pictured below) between the Pony and the cylinder release. My guess is some goober was trying to hamfist a speeloader into it. The scratches do not appear to be very deep at all and I have not tried to do anything at all to them. Otherwise, a really pretty mirror finish. Any input would be appreciated.Best regards,Gonzo

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'll take a shot a place value between $400.00 and $450.00. The scratches :mad: are unfortunate
but not a deal killer.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
While it appears that most of the scratches are light one spot looks deeper and won't buff out without you hitting copper. So, in today's market, $450-500 due to the sideplate scratches and what appears to be a slightly boogered upper sideplate screw and other handling marks on cylinder as seen in the photo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a little less than I had hoped for, but it keeps it in the ballpark for what I'm looking to trade it for (a standard DS or a S&W Model 12), so not altogether bad news. Again, I appreciate the input.Gonzo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts