Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My latesst acquisition, an early London Navy. I have been looking for an early London 1851 Navy, one of the first 2200 manufactured in the London factory. Manufacture started with mostly Hartford parts in 1853 but gradually shifted over to London parts. At serial number 1785 this one is probably all English parts with the possible exception of the brass backstrap and trigger guard. Brass was not popular in Britain and replaced with iron after Serial #2000. Being produced in late 1853. for private purchase, this one was just in time for the Crimean War which started in October 1853. Has F.K on butt, initials?
With only 2200 manufactured this is a difficult model to find.
Jim

Wood Trigger Gun accessory Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Wood stain

Attachments

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
My latesst acquisition, an early London Navy. I have been looking for an early London 1851 Navy, one of the first 2000 manufactured in the London factory. Manufacture started with mostly Hartford parts in 1853 but gradually shifed over to London parts. At serial number 1785 this one is probably all English parts with the possible exception of the brass backstrap and trigger guard. Brass was not popular in Britain and replaced with iron after Serial #2000. Being produced in late 1853. for private purchase, this one was just in time for the Crimean War which started in February 1854. With only 2000 manufactured this is a difficult model to find.
Jim

View attachment 787914 View attachment 787917
hello; that appears to be an excellently preserved navy. i really enjoy the premium walnut handle.

regards, bro

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
My latesst acquisition, an early London Navy. I have been looking for an early London 1851 Navy, one of the first 2200 manufactured in the London factory. Manufacture started with mostly Hartford parts in 1853 but gradually shifted over to London parts. At serial number 1785 this one is probably all English parts with the possible exception of the brass backstrap and trigger guard. Brass was not popular in Britain and replaced with iron after Serial #2000. Being produced in late 1853. for private purchase, this one was just in time for the Crimean War which started in October 1853. Has F.K on butt, initials?
With only 2200 manufactured this is a difficult model to find.
Jim

View attachment 787914 View attachment 787917
It looks like a nice early London Navy. The Brits liked "black" guns.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Fantastic find. I really like it. Thanks for sharing it with us. 👍👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts