Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an old thread I ran across while perusing this wonderful site that abounds with such old souls. Type it in the search, or tap this link, Another look at Ethics

It is closed to further comments, but the recollections shared are priceless and make me feel so good. Thank you to all who shared and know that you provided a very good read. Longing for a time gone by? Maybe, but what value!

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
One thing I know for sure is there sure isn’t much Ethics in gun trading. Been around that block 35 years/+. My grandfather (WW2 Vet) used to haul me around when I was a babe. Everybody’s your friend until there a dollar to be had, lol. It used to make me mad, now I just laugh at it.

Not just my area, I’ve known some “fine upstanding forum members”, until theres a few hundred bucks to be had. I don’t know if I’d touch a set of Ropers on this forum or any with a 10 foot pole- I’ve never had an honest encounter on any forum with Ropers, and I mean not a single one! Out of about 6-7 sets!!! Got one set literally broke on front and back. But they sure were Purrrdy in the picture show. Just keeping it real.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
My bad, Roper Grips (Stocks). Ropers are like this, nice, no issues can push close to a grand or more. Major issues like I specify, half or a third value-hence the deception.

I only buy with some type on insurance or security. Hence eBay, CC, PayPal (NOT Gift!).

Your rope you into deal is spot on, I like that 😂😂🥳.

Added: Don’t get me wrong, there are some great honest people here, 2 points I was making-in general gun trading/swapping is low ethics. Other being, just cause some one is long time member, doesn’t mean they straight. I will say the ones I called on, did at least do something to rectify the situation. Others I thought well, I thought I got a great deal, turns out I paid full price. Some situations I needed a shooter set and didn’t say a word.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Ethics are only what you yourself make of them. You are responsible for making sure you don’t get screwed by the unethical. My dad was a deacon in his church so I was a little surprised when he mentioned the Christian discount, add 15%. Over the years I saw firsthand the wisdom of his words. I’ll refer you back to my first sentence.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Big guns..sorry you had issues when buying Ropers..if I ever sell you a pair they will have a 3 day inspection period for ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts