Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This new local pawn shop keeps getting guns that he doesn't what he has and he forces me to "obtain" these pieces at can't pass up prices. Manf. 1968 .38SPL. @ 98%, but no box. Take a look. $400 OTD.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dick:

Come on, and pump that picture up, so we can see that "Beautiful" Colt OMM, up close? I'm drooling over my keyboard while squinting my eyes trying to get your new "Jewel" of a Colt, into focus(I'm "Panting" too!)! If you don't do this soon, I'm going to be in ill health-since my blood pressure is also "Soaring" because of this pawn shop "Treasure"!

Now that you have found a new "Thrill", I'm wondering if we might now need to refer to you as "Officer Diamondback"(Instead of "diamondback68"?)? Wow! I'm envious!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's try again, I don't know why it came out so small.
There, that's better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dick:

Yes, the picture looks much better now that I can see it! And, I must say, that you really lucked out on that nice Colt OMM! Us Californian's(Being held as prisoner's because we like guns!)could only dream of buying an Colt OMM like yours for only $400 OTD!!

I sure would like to find some grips exactly like the ones on your OMM here, to go on the(1965 vintage)Colt Trooper(6-inch).357, that I had purchased yesterday?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Beautiful classic gun. Congratulations! We don't see many of those in that shape around here.

-Bob

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's a mighty fine lookin' OMM there, Diamondback. Like that price, too. Bet it's a tack driver. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I may have started a new love affair. I know Diamondbacks are sweet, but some of these older target guns are too.
This will compliment my Gold Cup National Match. Now I have two Matches, now where did I leave my cigarettes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Very cool.

I wasn't real happy with my OMM. It was described as 100%, but turned out to be about 98. I still need a mint OMM for my collection.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You did it again, Dick!

Very nice!!

Congratulations are in order, now let's hope that your source will remain oblivious of what he is forcing you down your throat from time to time! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey Dick, nice one!

I wish I had ten bucks for every time I have suggested on forums to stop at every pawn shop that carries guns. Takes a couple minutes out of your day, but sometimes pays off handsomely.

Two of our best Pythons, and our best Ruger NIB Flattop were found in pawn shops.

Now that I think about it, don't stop, leave them to us!

Bob

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Dick, nice one!

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to your suggestion Bob, I went back and got it. I have to feed my addiction somehow as the Diamondbacks have dried up around here. I just hope this doesn't get to be a habit. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dick,

I can’t seem to find MMO in my 1957 edition of Funk-N-Wagnel... I can find MOM however so I just assumed you misspelled the word in your post (but I don't know why the others acted like you didn't)...

At any rate, here is the pic (MOM) that I'm sure you intended to post...

By the way, looks like she took your cigarettes’...

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
811 Posts
Good find Dick. I like the gun and the picture.
Great price too, wow.................
ALL the pawn shops around here "know" the value of most of the guns they get in and you will NOT find any deals like that, I know, I stop all the time and they just "smile". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Dick,

I can’t seem to find MMO in my 1957 edition of Funk-N-Wagnel... I can find MOM however so I just assumed you misspelled the word in your post (but I don't know why the others acted like you didn't)...

[/ QUOTE ]
Better look again, I spelled it OMM.
Are you dyslectic or are you using a mirror? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And stop showing pictures of my Mom all over the Internet. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts