Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do y'all feel about the Value of a Colt 1911, Model 01918, New in Box, with Colt Historical letter ?; and yes it has been to the factory and returned for the recall years ago...

I don't see many for sale for a value comparison, GB has one currently at $2,500.00..

I haven't checked other sites...

Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Actual sale prices on these black oxide versions are around $1250-$1500. The carbonia blue model, 01911, usually sell for a little more.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
That's steep. If you want one put a post in the WTB section. You'll get replies.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it got a really good letter, but I doubt it.
I don't think he (GB SELLER) has a letter. I was inquiring on mine, as I'm about to list it..I think...Maybe...Probably...I'll know for sure after another cup of coffee...and I decided what to ask....

Joe Canalli, when he was head of the Custom Shop, made one for me, so my letter shows the gun was shipped to me via the FFL holder...Joe also kicked in another wrapped magazine, so this one came with three,,Still have the original outer cardboard shipping carton as well...NOt that it's worth anything...I have to decided on a price...and I haven't been able to do that as of yet...

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I don't think he (GB SELLER) has a letter. I was inquiring on mine, as I'm about to list it..I think...Maybe...Probably...I'll know for sure after another cup of coffee...and I decided what to ask....
OK. The first post wasn't clear on who owned the pistol.

·
Administrator
7,292 Posts
Sorry Michael . Offers are being posted so I have to close .

Whatever price you decide on , you can always come down if it doesn't sell .

Reactions: Kid Sopris
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.