Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Probably just your ordinary 7.92 MM or as we know it in this country-8MM. Thats closer to 33 than the average run of the mill 32 revolvers which are nominally .312". OH, WELL, TYPOS happen.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Colt 'Police Positive Special' Chambered in the rare "33 Colt" Cartridge -

Colt Police Positive Spl. 33 Police CTG : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

"In the 19th Century, Staionary was often of tinted Paper and was not always stark White..." From thread, 'Colt letter on ebay, interesting take a look.'

"The earliest Magazeins for the various Colt .38 Automatics were Nickel Plated and had the James Paris Lee Patent date on the bottom, as..." From thread, 'Model 1902 .38 auto magazine."

"Of course moden renditions of the Colt m1860 were made by various American ( Lyman? Ohhh, heck, seems like there were three or four anyway, different American Companies who made and offered them ) and also Italian Gunmaking firms..." From the thread, 'Colt 1860 Army replicas.'

"...as an incidental or side-exhibit kind of item which might be arranged near by to a complete Skeleten assembly exhibit." From thread, 'Gun broker sells taxidermy?'
I agree that the .33 is a fairly unusual caliber, and I'll bet that PPS isn't chambered for .33WCF. We certainly would prefer the most accurate description when it comes to online listings, for sure. But as others above note, typos do happen, and if you're gonna throw rocks, then at least get out of the glass house. :D

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gosh skyliner,

I was not 'Throwing Rocks' and I was not trying to be mean or rub anyone's nose into anything.

I simply find these typos to be amusing in themselves...I was not suggesting we set out to degrade the Seller or attack him or her personally, nor was I doing so.

Yes, I am a bad speller, and I make 'typos'.

Lighten up!

·
Registered
670 Posts
WHAT, YOU MEAN NONE OF YOU HAVE COLLECTED THE DIFFICULT TO FIND .33?? Well finally I have something on the experts here. I've been handloading for mine many years now and find them accurate and a very hard hitting round. I take down Elk and opossum with mine...often on the same day. My pot is never empty with my trusty .33 around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts