Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from deep East Texas, Nacogdoches County to be exact. I am new to this forum but certainly not new to guns and their use and appreciation. The reason I joined this forum is that I just picked up an unbelievably fine Colt SAA and I fear that I am going to catch Colt Fever. I am a long time Smith and Ruger owner when it comes to revolvers. My Colts have all been 1911s. But I have made the leap now and I look forward to exploring the world of Colt revolvers, especially single actions.

I am an NRA life member, TSRA life member and I am fully engaged and active in the fight to preserve our Constitutional rights including and in fact beginning with the 2nd. Without the 2nd amendment, the others cannot exist. I have been a hunter and shooter for many years. I am fortunate enough to own 200 acres in northeast Texas that is abundant with all kinds of wildlife so I am usually doing some form of shooting every week. I have set up a gun range on a portion of my land as well. Lately we have been over-run with wild pigs so our hunting has been very active during the summer.

I just picked up a Colt SAA that has been tuned to such a degree that I have never experienced before. The trigger spring is light, the trigger pull is light and crisp with absolutely no creep whatsoever. It is the most incredible action I have ever felt on a pistol. I am so very pleased and I don't know if I am just lucky or if this can be achieved with all Colt revolvers. At any rate I look forward to learning a great deal from the members of this forum and exploring the world of Colt revolvers.

Best Wishes, Cal in TX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Howdy, Cal,

Nacogdoches land of the tall Pines. I’m from after about 200 miles due West of you.That wide spot in the road call Ft. Hood.

What I like about Texas you can always find a place you like, it can take you a day to get there but the always something different over the next hill. I wish I was back in Texas, but the pays better up here and its getting me closer to retirement.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Welcome from West Texas...used to live in VanZandt County some years back, do miss the greenery. We moved going on 5 years now and reckon this is where they'll plant/throw my ashes cause I'm not moving again ;) . Enjoy a great forum, good folks here.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts