Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found another "357" in my part of the world. I thought it would be good sharing it with you since they're getting hard to come by in any country and I'm sure not too many of the 15,000 manufactured left the US. It's in good shape apart from what I think is a minor issue with the crane assembly. I need some help identifying the problem before I go and pay for it....when the cylinder is open the crane moves back and forth in-side the frame by about 1/8 inch. It's caused some slight wear shown by the yellow arrow. Could this be a missing detent? When the cylinder is closed the gun locks up like every other E / I frame – rock solid.

I'll need to find a pair of correct service style stocks. It dates to 1958 and has the service style hammer and the wrong stocks at the moment.

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
The new style Colt cylinder retention cap screw, detent and spring should prevent any crane movement.
Check the cap to insure the detent and spring are in place and to insure the spring isn't weak or the detent damaged.
New springs and detents aren't expensive.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Missing detent from my experiences. They are tough to find also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts