Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my favorite LGS filling out some paperwork for a gun that is being shipped to me from another FFL. I am talking with owner about ammo, and some other gear for some of my guns. I happen to look on the longarm rack, and I see a nice little rifle , bull barrel, bolt action, composite stock complete with scope mounts. I notice that it has a M4 magazine inserted. I ask my friend "is that a 5.56mm bolt action rifle, that accepts M16 mags". He states "yeah that is the Mossberg Predator ". He tells me he bought three sold one and after he shot it is keeping one. He tells me how great this little rifle shoots. So, what could I do I bought the last one. I did not take photos as I left the gun to have him mount a scope on it for me. Once I pick up the complete package I will post photos.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Is is one the Mossberg MVP's ? thats what it sounds like. Outstanding rifle if so, Mossberg has a winner in this rifle.It is very easy switch to make it a 300 Blackout. I opted for the Remington 700,but will be adding one these soon.
imgres

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a MVP. My friend that owns the gun store gave it great reviews, so I figured why not add it to the safe. I have many M4 mags, and my friend threw in a few 5 round mags and a case. There is plenty of 5.56mm ammo in the ammo locker so it should be a fun little gun shoot. It has the same trigger system as my Savage 20 Gauge slug gun . I have a Marlin .17HMR set up the same way, bull barrel, scoped, another fun gun to shoot my son and I will have a blast shooting both of these little snipers. Peace

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you get bored the 300 BLK cartridge is what 5.56 should have been, just barrel swap that's it..light .308 bullet in .223 case. I get .223's and don't keep them, I have 22-250's to cover the 223 Rem/5.56, got rid of my .223/5.56 uppers for my AR's and went with the 300 BLK. as good accuracy with some punch.
Are the triggers adjustable ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts