Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
That’s definitely more effective for getting the gun back if it’s stolen than the old thing of engraving your DL number or SSN somewhere.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
If you're in Africa trying to blend in with a bunch of Zebras that might come in handy.

Reactions: AngelRod1 and ei8ht

·
Premium Member
9,412 Posts
The Browning BDM's are not very attractive to begin with
I disagree! The BDM looks like a "smoothed" High Power to me, and I find it an attractive shape. (The graceful shape even shows through the zebra stripe treatment.) The steel frame allows for a very thin frame, making the BDM great for small hands. The DA-only or traditional DA/SA selective option is unique and I always wondered why it never caught on more. Perhaps it was because it was introduced just before the 1994 magazine ban and the market favored designs with a pool of high capacity magazines available. For those interested, CDNN has genuine Browning 15-round BDM magazines available.

Now I need to follow the link to see if the zebra finish enhances the value or reduces it ….

·
Registered
581 Posts
Seriously, what on earth compels someone to do that to a gun. And you can include similar monstrosities in that question. I'm reminded of a 2nd Gen SAA that someone Ceracoted OD green and tan. Good grief!

Dave

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I disagree! The BDM looks like a "smoothed" High Power to me, and I find it an attractive shape. (The graceful shape even shows through the zebra stripe treatment.) The steel frame allows for a very thin frame, making the BDM great for small hands. The DA-only or traditional DA/SA selective option is unique and I always wondered why it never caught on more. Perhaps it was because it was introduced just before the 1994 magazine ban and the market favored designs with a pool of high capacity magazines available. For those interested, CDNN has genuine Browning 15-round BDM magazines available.

Now I need to follow the link to see if the zebra finish enhances the value or reduces it ….
Don't get your Depends in a wad there Judge. I own one myself and it's one of my favorite pistols to shoot, especially in the DAO mode. In my opinion it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing Browning ever made but it definitely doesn't need this kind of treatment......

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought a BDM when they were discounted. Loved shooting it, and it was a good looking gun. But then came the mandatory division of assets, where I sold most of my collection, including my Brownings.

When I look at the hideous paint on that BDM, which only a zebra could love, I wonder: Was this done to devalue the gun, preparing for an impending divorce? Or was he just plain stupid???

·
Registered
770 Posts
Zebra stripes serve to distort a predators view of the zebra when moving.

This could be an advantage when using this gun in a defensive manner.

It could be that the perp might laugh them self to death too.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Yes, your dog is definitely easier to look at than that gun! :)

Personally, I think that gun would never get stolen... who would want to steal a gun that gaudy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.