Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: Another \"What\'s wrong with this picture?\"

"What is RIGHT with it"! But at least seller did NOT claim it was "original factory". Looks like Micro or Accro rear sight installed,and a Williams ramp on front(but can't see muzzle end).

Too bad,as the gun looks to be in nice shape as far as finish/stocks.

Old American Rifleman article on "converting the Commando" into this and other configurations,from the 50;s,I think,when they were fairly cheap surplus. One part of article tells about having that "military dull finish" removed and having the gun reblued to rival the Official Polices!

Staring bid of $360 is a tad high,IMO. Big shp here in Maine has two Officers Models with 4 or 4.5 inch bbls. One original,othe ris pooerly cut from a 6 inch. Front sights on both are NOT original. That's about what they are asking,and finish bad on BOTH. Oh Well!!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The price caught my eye, then the other stuff did. I asked for any additional pictures of the barrel/sights, but haven't received anything. Knew it wasn't original but was curious about the front sight mod especially. Appreciate the informed background. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just for interests sake, I did receive more photos. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts