Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on their Mailing List some time back, so I am always getting their 'Blowouts!' and so on, of Internet-Auctions they do.

Everything about it is so confusing and sketchy to me, I have never even tried bidding.

The format is terrible and difficult to deal with compared say, to Gunbroker.

Todays' Auction "Blowouts', have many nice old Rifles, saying 'Reserve Met' with a bid of $14.00, and, similar.

None of it makes much sense, ever, and, I was wondering if anyone here has done any business with them?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've bought several guns from Rob and find him easy to deal with, although his shipping charges are usually a little more than others. The 6% credit charges for foreign buyers has also caused me to skip one or two auctions. His "Blowouts" are essentially items with no reserve starting at $1.00 so in effect the 'reserve' is the one dollar starting price and the item will sell at whatever price it reaches.

Rio

·
Registered
893 Posts
I used to collect Civil War firearms years ago and had dealt with Rob on numerous occasions. He is a stand up guy and has been in the business for 20+ years I know of. Haven't used his site in about 8 years so not familiar with what he has going on.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys!

I always fan through his email messages which have the Auction items de-jur, and, I see many wonderful old Guns of course, including, some I would like to bid on sometimes.

I will just work on it then, and see if I can get a better handle on how it all works.

Even if one is not intending to bid, fanning through the items is a nice way to see examples ( usually decent to high condition ones ) or many seldom seen Makes and Models of Black Powder era Arms.

I just wish the format was more 'user friendly' to my Eye and had some way to have a 'watch list' and so on like Gunbroker or Auctionarms or others have, since, as it is, I guess, one has to save URLs in a file, and, add one's own info about when the Auction ends and so on, which, if one is harried already with Work and Life and so on, that sort of extra stuff ends up being tedious and is cumbersome and not very efficient and not really possible to have as tidy or chronologically arrayed, as a 'Watch List' proper is.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Oyeboten, if you sign up you can keep a "watch list" of things you're interested in. Just click on it every time you log in and you can watch the progress of these items.

Rio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.