Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that they have been bought by CZ do you think the match target my make a comeback?
Neither CZ or Dan Wesson make a .22 semi that I'm aware of.
40 years ago I walked into a bait & tackle shop in Holcombe Wisconsin while on a Musky fishing trip.
Guy had a pristine one for sale, he wanted $150 bucks for it.
Only had the funds for beer, bait and tackle, should of bought it and drove home, big regret. :oops:

·
Registered
6,375 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I asked Standard Manufacturing on facebook about the magazines they are using. They replied in house. I asked if they would be offering the magazines for sale to 2nd gen Woodsman owners. They replied you get two with the purchase of their copy.

Seemed kinda a dick answer being that I didn't ask that question. You would think it would be beneficial for them to make additional revenue while helping out Original Woodsman owners.

The more they make and sale will only bring down their costs.

I then asked if they had plans for Match Target and or 4.5" models. With no response.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
I have only seen 6” “sport” models from standard. I have seen them blue, blue and cc, nickel and fire blue, and full nickel. I think they have shipped very few as they are swamped with other backordered firearms. I have not fired them but the ones I have handled seem very nicely put together.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
You are right, I stand corrected. They are the 6” target model. Adjustable rear site but strangely the non-elegant front site from the Huntsman series. Saw them in the Connecticut Shotgun showroom (they own standard). They have sold some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are right, I stand corrected. They are the 6” target model. Adjustable rear site but strangely the non-elegant front site from the Huntsman series. Saw them in the Connecticut Shotgun showroom (they own standard). They have sold some.
Woodsmans models are kinda wonky.

All 6" WOODSMAN are Target models weather they have Target sights or not. All 4.5" are Sport models.

Then you have the post war "MATCH TARGET". They come in 4.5" and 6".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts