Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process reassembly after changing the mainspring in an early 40's Official Police something went out of limbo and now the cylinder only sometimes turns and sometimes the hammer/trigger get bound up. It was also customized at one point, the barrel anyway, so I don't know what else may be going on in there. I had to do the same (spring change) to my other OP and it went as smooth as silk. I'm not going to attempt to do anything else with this...

From what I gather, the DA Colt revolvers are more objects of wizardry than mechanics, and therefore I can't just take it anywhere and expect it to be correct. I know that the go-to guy is Frank Glenn in AZ, but it seems like there might be someone local, being that I'm only 5 miles from the building where it was built.

Is anyone in CT an authority on the inner workings of this thing?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I've used Mitch Schultz, and he did good work.

His shop is around back, and you have to look for it. You'll see what I mean if you go see him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Parker Gunsmithing
46 Payne Rd.
Bethel, CT 06801

I highly recommend these guys. They just did some work on my M1877 Rainmaker. It functions perfectly now.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
My Brother in law had a bad experience with Mitch Schultz on a Remington Model 8 , about 20 years ago. just a FYI.

Reactions: Colt-SL
1 - 7 of 7 Posts