Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a rough idea on the value of an old .410 SXS made by Western Arms by Ithaca. It's in decent shape, I don't have the SN but I think I traced it to the mid 1930s at one point. I usually find values by checking online sales but this isn't very common. The only one I saw was on GB for $2000 but I don't know if it sold. I just did a Google search and there were a few posts saying anywhere from $200-$400, followed up by a "I wouldn't sell mine for less than $1500."

Just don't know what to think. It is an heirloom but I have the opportunity to trade for another heirloom that is more desirable to me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Blue Book suggests 100%-$275, 90%-$175, 80%-$150, 60%-$100. It shows no premium for .410, but I think that could add 20%. I had one in 20 gauge, and it was well built but not fancy. I used it mostly as a rabbit gun, considering the chokes. Sold it 25 years ago for $300.

Buck

·
Premium Member
20,688 Posts
The 410 doubles sell for much more than one would think they should. The reason is simply that the demand far exceeds the supply. I purchased an Ithaca double 410 last year that I believe is the Western Arms. It is a beautiful gun with the very small frame that appeals to me. A local gun shop has one that is similar but in better condition (more case color) for $1999.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I was hoping that it was not worth all that much (oddly enough). This is the second instance where I have found someone stating that the Blue Book is wrong on this particular specimen, and backs up what I was told when I inherited it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found three links today online for specimens that are for sale. Two in the $1400 range and one that is expected to sell for between $800-$1200. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
20,688 Posts
The Blue Book is over priced on some guns and under priced on some others. Looking up what they really sell for on the internet is the best way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts