Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt.

Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go!

If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

https://youtu.be/TaTnYVfh9Qw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
In my younger days I loved chasing elk and mule deer around the Colorado mountains with my horses and Black Widow. Congratulations - I always was a do it yourself type hunter. Somebody got a good hit on the 2nd. Elk

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
They have reintroduce elk here in Tennessee. Right now they only sell 5-10 tags per season. Hopefully the herd gets large enough to have a regular season.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I love it too......I've elk hunted Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado......I will do it until I physically can't. And the entire family loves elk meat. This year I hunted cow elk in New Mexico (yes) then drove that beautiful ride up to Montana for a bull (nope!) Those are some spectacular bulls, congratulations. Next years goal is to get a cow elk in NM with my open sighted M71 in .348 Winchester.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Yes, he was big for a Red Stag, but there are bigger ones lurking around. When they have reached the size of this one they are sly and shy and really difficult to get a good shot at. One can stalk them for days before one might get a glimpse of one and you can be sure the only thing you will see is the back when he is trotting away giving you the finger. Lol... Here he is two or three years younger.
Mel.

BTW, your video is great !!

That is a monster of a red stag!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Yes, I have hunted New Mexico and Arizona elk. From dark forests to sometimes a lucky shot on the plains the first day, it's quite an adventure. I've packed a few out on my mules. I also got to hunt Oryx (African Gemsbuck introduced to southern NM).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I have hunted New Mexico and Arizona elk. From dark forests to sometimes a lucky shot on the plains the first day, it's quite an adventure. I've packed a few out on my mules. I also got to hunt Oryx (African Gemsbuck introduced to southern NM).
Those Oryx are beautiful creatures!! Draw results came out. No elk tags this year but the wife drew a Muley Tag! She's pumped! I'll get to film again so I'm happy haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, I’m back with another filmed hunt. This was my Wife’s NM Muley Hunt in Unit 34! She was able to get it done on the first day so not much filming was done but it was still a great time!! I may have talked to much in the “post hunt talk”, prolly shorten that up next time. Anyways, enjoy

https://youtu.be/Jb5iIzFUT_s

1 - 16 of 16 Posts